Katniss Everdeen

by Dylan from Anchorage

Katniss Everdeen (best-movie1.blogspot.com (idk ))

My hero is a character from the popular book series Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen. One of the main reasons Katniss Everdeen is my hero is because of her courage through her trials and tribulations. In the first book Hunger Games you learn of Katniss's loss of her father and of how she had to take care of her mother and her little sister. Without Katniss's courage to go outside the fenced off area of district 12 to provide food for her family they would have starved. Another act of her courage is shown during the reaping where her little sister, Prim is chosen to be tribute for the Hunger Games. Katniss, without hesitation, volunteers herself as tribute in her sister's place. She put herself in harm's way to save a loved one from getting hurt.

Another reason I consider Katniss Everdeen as one of my heroes is because of her loyalty to her friends and loved ones. In the series, Katniss makes friends and allies in the hunger games. Some of those loved ones she loses like the little girl Rue from district 11 she meets in her first hunger games. Rue takes care of Katniss after she is stung by tracker jackers by tending to her wounds. In return, Katniss feeds Rue and looks out for her. Unfortunately Rue is killed by another tribute. In anger Katniss avenges her death and and sings Rue a song as she dies. In respect to her small friend she places flowers around her body.

Katniss Everdeen showes her her heroic like bow skills to take out many obstacles in path. From the time when she was very young he father used to take her into the restricted forest and taught her how to hunt using a bow. After her father died, her bow hunting skills is what kept her family from starving. In the end that's not the only time her bow skills save her life. Without her bow in the hunger games she would have never survived.

Love is another Heroic characteristic Katniss has.  This shows when she volunteers to replace her sister as tribute to save her and in the love she develops with Peeta in the games. Peeta, whom she eventually marries at the end of the series, is the son of a baker who always admired Katniss but was never able to show it before the games. As Peeta and Katniss enter the hunger games they protect each other in many situations like when Peeta is wounded by the river and Katniss takes him to shelter and cares for him in a cave where they share their first kiss.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/gallery/katniss-everdeen-photo/ (no clue)

Courage, loyalty, love, and intense bow skills are the characteristics that I use to define a hero. A girl with all these attributes has the power to change the world. Katniss Everdeen is the girl on fire who started a revolution to overthrow the capital and succeeded in ending the reign of the capital. This is who I call my hero.