Karch Kiraly

by Brianna from Billings

There are so many new teams on the men's side, its an exciting time. We're all getting a fresh start.
Karch Kiraly  (http://www.strength-and-power-for-volleyball.com/images/karch-kiraly-ball.jpg)
Karch Kiraly (http://www.strength-and-power-for-volleyball.com/images/karch-kiraly-ball.jpg)

Karch Kiraly, a fascinating competitor, becomes a hero. Karch, a beach volleyball player, happens to be older than my own father. Karch’s date of birth lands on November 3, 1960 in Jackson, Michigan. He grew up in Santa Barbara, California. He started beach volleyball at the age of eleven with his father. Karch shows an example by being: a good influence, competitive, and intelligent.

The reason why he became my hero was because he has turned into a good influence. For example, Karch had many partners for the men’s tournament. He encouraged them so they would reach success. In fact, it worked. Also his dad provided him encouragement.

Another reason why he became my hero was because of the competition. He has won 148 tournaments and 3,159,773 dollars, which turns out more than any other AVP Pro Beach Tour player. He has beaten almost every guy half his age. He has won at least one tournament in 24 of the 27 seasons he has been playing. He became the only player to win Olympic medals in both indoor and beach volleyball. In 1984 and 1988 he has won gold medals in indoor and in 1996 he won a gold medal in beach volleyball.

Lastly, he acts intelligent. Karch earned a B.S. degree that happens to be in Biochemistry. Also he has started to get known for his overall skill and his laser-like concentration. That shows an example of how his winning and becoming a legend. And that makes a difference in people’s lives because it shows you need to be smart in order to make great success.

In conclusion, Karch influences young volleyball players, he's competitive, and he's clever. He shows people the great thing called volleyball.