Kal-El

by Austin from Franklin

Superman;s real name is Kal-El his dad's name was Jor-El. Superman lives in Metropolis. He is about 6ft 4in, 225lbs. He has black hair and blue eyes and he is well built.

Superman die? How can Superman possibly Die? No way! Well, If you already didn't know, he did. But how? you might ask. By a creature named Doomsday. Doomsday is practically indestructible and his power is unmatched. He started to wreak havoc, destroying everything in his path. Then the JLA came by to intervene (by the way, the JLA really sucked back then). When they got beaten to a pulp Superman decided to help out. They entered into a brutal slug fest. As they entered Metropolis Superman did everything he could to save the city he loved. He was finally able to defeat Doomsday, but not without taking his own life.

If Superman died then how come he is still in comics? Simple, all he did was a simple act of resurrection. While the Reign of Supermen was going on, the Eradicator came by to bring Superman back to life. When Superman was finally brought alive he suited up and went after The Cyborg. The Cyborg had blown up Coast City (it later led to Hal Jordan's insanity) so the JLA and Superman went after him. Even though Superman was nearly powerless he was still able to defeat the cyborg.

In 1997, Superman went through a huge change. He got new costume and powers. The powers were energy based and the costume was without a cape, light blue and had a futuristic look. The new powers had pros and cons. For instance, when he wanted to change into Clark Kent all he had to do was phase back(instead of having to search for a telephone booth) but when he was in Clark Kent form he was powerless and could get hurt as if human. He had his new powers for about a year until he went back to his old ones in the comic book: Superman Forever.