Kayla

by Victoria

(www.myyearbook.com)
(www.myyearbook.com)

Kayla has had her good times and bad times like the average teen, maybe some unusual experiences, but over all okay. The reason Kayla is a hero is that she saved my life, and maybe others too. She has done so much for me without even realizing it and I owe her so much.

Kayla came along into my life a year and two years ago. During that time I when through some of the toughest things so far. I wasn't ever happy with my work at school or at home. At school I was getting high grades, higher than most of my friends, but I still thought i wasn't good enough. Everyone swore that if i were to always get 100% I still wouldn't be happy and it's true, I probably wouldn't have been.

Kayla helped me simply by being there for me when no one else was. When I wanted to give up everything and just let the world go black, she showed up and shined light on everything. She helped me laugh and smile when I though I would never do those things again. She helped me look past the troubles at home and she helped get over my troubles with people at school.

During those times Kayla had troubles of her own. She had problems with her family and with the boy she was dating. She had issues at school and just about everywhere she went. But Kayla pushed through. She didn't give up, she kept trying and she still has issues now. The thing is while going through the things that upset most teenagers, Kayla also kept helping me and the rest of her friends through our tough times.

In the end Kayla is a hero without knowing she is a hero and sometimes all you need to do to be a hero is be a friend. If you see someone who seems upset, give them a shoulder to cry on and when they're about to fall, give them a hand and pull them back up. So instead of ignoring people or shoving them down further, Kayla decided to reach out to me and possibly save my life.