Alicia Keys

by omolabake from Charlotte

It's not your aptitude,but your attitude that determines your altitude.

Sometimes people think that I'll never succeed but it turns out I'm the best I can be! Before Alicia Keys,there was other beautiful and great singers such as:Aaliyah,Selena,Gloria Estefan,Celene Dion,Patti labelle,Anita baker,Toni braxton and many more. But I love them and use them as my role models and people I can look up to and say they made the music world more beautiful than ever. I picked Alicia Keys as my hero because she's a wonderful artist. It's like she paints her thoughts and feelings, emotions,love and her world in music, which is the best way I think is to express yourself.

I want to be more like her in the sense that I can be true to myself and express anything I feel at any time.In this next generation were coming to is going to greater in the music industry and beautiful.I want to let everyone know that I think Alicia Keys is the Greatest R&B Female singer of this generation.As for me I think that I am a Musician/Poet because most of the time I'm in my room either writing a song or poetry.Alicia Keys has also been a great inspiration for me by being true to herself and everyone else and that also keeps me motivated to do what I want to do.I've always wanted to be like her because I think that it would actually be fun but as she even said sometimes you just have to be true to yourself and know your just O.K within yourself.

I personally think that you should always let your feelings be expressed in the best way you possibly can. Even though I say this,I don't know any other to express my self other than music and poetry and I sometimes keep things to myself because I have no one to talk to and it's like my world is just a lonely place, until I finally let music and poetry take over and I can't stop, that is why I think Alicia Keys is a hero. It's like I've known her for so long, like we are sisters and and we have the same mentality of things on the world outside, we just let it expreesed in Artistic Literature.

I just moved to Charlotte in October 2004 and the people here are so weird to me because I spent most of my life in Greensboro, North Carolina and everyone there is just in tune with everything and I can open up my world to everyone. But down here is just like i keep to myself until I can't hold it in any longer. That is why with nice, soothing R&B music, I can calm myself down and take away the pains of the world. Music is like a passion to me and with people like Alicia Keys, I can always live my life to know I can look up to someone and live my life one day at a time.