Press_Release

Club Members participate in the Laguna Hero Fest

by Emily Murray
October 29, 2012
Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club
from Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club

(Update: Follow this story in the Laguna Beach Independent) Laguna Hero Fest recognized local heroes through films as well as showcased the results of the special spring program, Celebrate Eco Heroism, which encouraged members to explore local heroes making a difference in their community through using  photography, music, film, and artwork.

Congratulations to club members Sophia Landers and Jordan Trautwein who were also recognized at the event for their efforts after being  inspired by the program to make a difference. They had a bake sale and raised $113 for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).

To learn more about the project, please visit the My Hero Website.

Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club - Read the article directly from the Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club Ocean website
Celebrate ECO-Heroism - Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club and The MY HERO Project
The MY HERO Project - See some of Sophia Lander's work on MY HERO
The MY HERO Screening Room - Beach Montage by Sophia Lander

October 29th, 2012
Laguna Beach Boys and Girls Club

Please consider donating today [X] Close
If you'd like to support The MY HERO Project and our mission, please consider making a donation to our site. We are a safe space on the internet free of advertisements, and your contributions will help us provide free cultural and educational materials celebrating heroes and the best of humanity.