Lucille Desiree Ball

by Brytni from Fresno

“The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” —Lucille Ball
<a href=http://www.divasthesite.com/images/Lucille_Ball/Lucille_Ball_08.jpg>Lucille Ball</a>
Lucille Ball

I love Lucy...
I started my love of Lucy because of my mom. She loves her show and watches it whenever she can find it on. Lucille, in my opinion is one of the best comedians I've ever seen. She is my hero because she shows that no matter what people say, you can do anything if you set your mind to it. Another thing I love about Lucy is how she is such a role model to women. Everything she did was great. One last thing I love about Lucy is how much she loved her mom. My mom is behind me almost no matter what I do.

On August 6, 1911, Lucille Desiree Ball was born in Jamestown, New York. When Lucy was only a toddler, 3 years old, her father died. She began to have interest in show business and at age 15, started to take trips to New York City to pursue her dream of show business. She moved to New York City when she was 19 so it would be easier to try and get an acting career. Lucy then got a job as a model, but went by Dianne Belmont. Lucille spent 12 months at the John Murray Anderson-Robert Milton Dramatics School, and was told she was not good enough to become an actress.

In 1937, Lucille starred in Stage Door with Katharine Hepburn. Three years later, Lucille Ball married Desi Arnaz. In 1951, Lucille Ball starred in I Love Lucy, which premiered on CBS. On her show, two years later, Lucy gives birth to "Little Ricky." In 1962, Lucy becomes the first woman to head a major studio by buying Arnaz's shares of Desilu Productions.

Lucille Ball was an actress, comedian, daughter, and friend. Her memory is and always will be a good one. I think she was a very inspiring woman, because she had a dream and with hard work and perseverance, she made it a reality.

Lucille Ball died on April 26, 1989, and many books have been written about her since.

To me, Lucille Ball was a great woman.

Lucille Desiree Ball - Museum TV