Lou Ferrigno

by Toby from Riley

Lou training
Lou training

Actor, fitness trainer, retired bodybuilder, and deaf at the same time. Lou Ferrigno lost 75-80% of his hearing as a child and still became one of the most successful bodybuilders and a great actor. To become what he is today, Lou had determination, triumph, and he has legacy to show it all.

Determination is key when it comes to years of non-stop training. Lou appeared in "Pumping Iron", a 1978 documentary about bodybuilding, and it shows the determination he had to want to beat Arnold Schwarzenegger at the 1975 Mr. Olympia. Though he didn't beat Arnold, Lou Ferrigno didn't give up on his dream of bodybuilding. He came back in 1992, 1993, and competed in the Olympia Master and placed 2nd. Without determination I don't think anybody could be at the peak of their bodybuilding career at the age of 43.

With Lou's triumph, he overcame the fact that he was deaf to become as successful as he is. Being deaf drove him to be what he is. He wanted to push himself harder because he was deaf. He pushed himself to become a bodybuilding legend and not to mention the first Incredible Hulk. Being a successful deaf person inspires a lot of people, especially those who have his condition.

Lou Ferrigno's legacy will always live on. He inspired tons of people, became a great actor, and great bodybuilder, and now a personal trainer. He also inspired me because of his determination, triumph, and his legacy. He's not only my favorite bodybuilder of all time; he is also my favorite superhero, The Incredible Hulk.

He is an educator of health and deafness, and I think he is going to inspire people for a long time to come. He is a great leader, because of that he inspires me to become more of what I am. I would only dream of having the determination, triumph, and legacy that Lou Ferrigno has had through his life and successful career.

Lou Ferrigno - Biography of Lou

Lou Ferrigno Never gave up on his dream his goal Succesful and deaf at the same time Mr. Universe, Lou Ferrigno