Leonard Hatton

by Kyle from Mission Viejo

"It doesn't surprise me the way he died because he was a very heroic guy and a very brave guy and he was in this job to help people. Putting bad guys in jail was a big part of it, but he really got something out of helping people," Carroll said.
Leonard Hatton FBI Agent (http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notablecases/moussaou (US Government))

I became aware of my personal career hero, Leonard Hatton after reading about how he saved lives in the midst of falling debris and rubble in the event of 9/11. One thing I like about was that he did many jobs that helped contribute to peoples lives. Some of these jobs are volunteer fireman, FBI specialist, and a marine. I also would like to get into one of these occupations. These jobs all help others and really make Hatton who he became to be.

Leonard Hatton's main job was an FBI specialist in explosives and evidence recovery. This job requires you to have one of these five entry programs, accounting, language, computer science, or diversified. These are needed because they are crucial for the job. After obtaining one of these you will be hired for different positions depending on skills such as military experience, finance, and so on. According to Occupational Handbook an FBI agent earns about $56,980 dollars each year. Agents may also earn more depending on what type of agent they are, and or if they have any promotions. Some related jobs could be any law enforcement jobs such as a cop, firefighter, or a marine.

Leonard was in the class of 1975 at Ridgefield Park High School in and married his high school sweetheart. He went to college at Jersey State College and while there he got Bachelor's in criminal justice. Shortly after he got his degree while in the military for forensic science from the National University of California. In 1985 Leonard Hatton joined the FBI and helped lots of people by investigating and preventing events from happening. Sadly on 9/11 in the tragic event Leonard Hatton lost his life helping people out of the towers and is now considered a great hero of 9/11 along with many other lifesavers and firefighters who joined in to help.

Hatton has made many great contributions to society. He was a FBI agent, volunteer fireman, marine, and part of the military police. All of these occupations help save lives and make large contributions to people's lives and to society. He was a volunteer fireman in Ridge Park. As an FBI agent, Hatton helped investigate bombings in Yemen and also the bombings of the US embassies. Hatton also helped in the event of 9/11 by rushing in and helping people get out that were inside. As George W. Bush said after 9/11, "One of the worst days in America's history saw some of the bravest acts in Americans' history. We'll always honor the heroes of 9/11. And here at this hallowed place, we pledge that we will never forget their sacrifice."

In order to become an FBI agent then I will need to get ahead in classes such as math, computers, and foreign languages. A lot of FBI work requires skill in math and computers, and requires you to know many languages so you can communicate well on the job. In college I think I would take the same path a Hatton because it seems to have worked very well for him. My lifetime goal is to enjoy life while making a good impact in the FBI on others lives just like Leonard Hatton did.

North Jersey - Local News Website
fbi gov - FBI Gov talks about the FBI
bls gov - bls gov talks about labor statistics