Lionel Messi

by Leo

Lionel Messi (http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/446022/Lio (Ben Jefferson))

My hero is Lionel Messi. He is a hero to me because he is a leader and a role model, he put others before himself, and he was determined and he never gave up. Growing up Messi had a growth hormone deficiency (disease) at the age of eleven. A growth hormone deficiency is when the growing hormones don't work properly, so Messi never got taller in size. It took a lot of money to cure, and his family was very poor so they needed help. He went to local clubs and wanted an exchange, he will be on the team if that team gives him treatment. He didn't get any offers from local teams, but then he got an offer from FC Barcelona. He went from Argentina to Spain for treatment and then started his blossoming career as a soccer player.

Lionel Messi is my hero because he is a leader and a role model. Messi is a leader and a role model because he always helped his teammates during practice. Messi is a great mentor. He gives players tips and tricks, passes the ball to them in games so they can get better. He has scored 327 goals for FC Barcelona, but him being on the field is more than the amount of goals he has scored. He is always drawing a double team, which is two players against one, so someone else can get open, or he will make the perfect pass for a teammate to score a goal. Messi is a great leader and role model because of all of these characteristics.

Lionel Messi is also my hero because he puts others before himself. Messi puts others before himself because he has a foundation to help kids with diseases. He goes and visits kids who are ill, so he is putting his time to someone else when he could be practicing for himself. He doesn't just stay for a little bit of time, he stays for a day if he has off, and really cares about the people he is helping. He also helps teammates and friends before himself, than he improves something that he is not that good at, because he cares. These are all examples that Lionel Messi puts others before himself.

Lionel Messi is my hero because he is determined and never gives up. Messi has a quote that shows his determination, "Every time I start a year, I start with the objective of trying to achieve everything, without comparing it to how I've done in other seasons." This was from an interview that was filmed in Barcelona, and Bobby Ghosh asked him questions. This shows that Messi is humble and never becomes overly sure that he will win. Messi is always thinking that he needs to try his best until the last sound of the whistle, even if he's playing a very bad team he works his hardest. He is determined because when he had his growth hormone disease he couldn't play soccer for a while. When he got back to playing soccer, he practiced whenever he could, and got better and better and is still getting better to this day. Lionel Messi is determined and never gives up for these reasons.

In conclusion, all of these traits add up to make a great soccer player on and off the field. Messi is a true leader and role model because he takes charge of any situation that he can, he takes free kicks when he can or take corners for his team. Messi uses his free time with others and really cares about them. Lionel Messi is my hero because he is a leader and role model, he puts others before himself, and he is determined and never gave up.