Lester William Polsfuss

by Jomar from Anchorage

Lester William Polsfuss (gibson.com)
Lester William Polsfuss (gibson.com)

Heroes have changed the world for the common people and, in return, the common people have given heroes praise. Lester William Polsfuss, known as Les Paul, was a talented guitarist who lived from June 19, 1915 to August 12, 2009, and is categorized as such a hero. He was praised for his talents with the guitar, whether it be creating songs with it, playing it, or even creating them in his name. The name Les Paul should always be familiar to all guitarists. Through his life, he exemplified himself with the qualities of a hero; he is an inventor, an archetype, and an inspiration.

Gibson Les Paul (kilmerhouse.com)
Gibson Les Paul (kilmerhouse.com)

The sales of Gibson Les Paul electric guitars started in 1952. This guitar is still one of the most popular guitars in the world. This is all because of the musician it was named after: Les Paul. His design made him rise in fame to become a hero. It was his invention that spread his name and his deserved praise throughout the world.

Les Paul’s praise goes even further as he is the archetype of many musical genres. Although he was a country and jazz guitarist, his invention of the solid body guitar design extended even to the musical genre of rock. His play-style even stood out among other guitarists. Being diverse in music and making genres of music possible makes him the origin of many popular pieces of music. Through being an archetype, he undoubtedly becomes an inspiration.

As an inspiration, the final quality of a hero, Les Paul exceeds. His talent is followed by many others in the world. It could be said that anyone devoting oneself to the electric guitar is following the steps of Les Paul. His music, his way of manipulating the guitar, his songs are all inspiration. The many honors that he received define his qualities, make him worthy of inspiration, and a hero.

Guitars (celebrityrockstarguitars.com)
Guitars (celebrityrockstarguitars.com)

Les Paul as a hero is an inventor, archetype and an inspiration. He is the origin of the popular Les Paul guitar. He is the start of all things rock and roll, and other things musical. He excelled at something that others want to follow. Les Paul is a hero through these qualities, and a legend worthy of all remembrance.