LaDainian Tomlinson

by Kyle from Quakertown, New Jersey

I could have given up, but I didn't and look where I am now.
LaDainian scoring a touchdown.
LaDainian scoring a touchdown.

LaDainian grew up in a town called Rosebud, Texas. He is my hero because he can run hundreds of yards in one football game. When I grow up I would like to play in the NFL (National Football League). I would also like to run as many yards as he does every year. I watch this legend play as much as I can.

LaDainian running with an American flag.

As I said, LaDainian grow up in Rosebud, Texas. His brother and grandfather died when he was young. He was forced to support his family as a child. I give him credit to be able to do something like that. Also he did it all by himself. As he grew up he was a Miami Hurricane and Dallas Cowboys fan, and he liked to watch Walter Payton, Jim Brown, and Emmitt Smith.

A picture of LaDinian.
A picture of LaDinian.

LaDainian attended University High School in Waco, Texas. He played many sports including basketball, baseball, and football. When he played football he played linebacker, but then moved to the offensive side of the ball. He had 2,554 yards and 39 touchdowns in his senior year.

LaDainian running with the ball.
LaDainian running with the ball.

LaDainian went to TCU (his Texas Christian University) in Fort Worth, Texas. During his freshman and sophomore year he split time at running back with Basil Mitchell. In 1998 he went to the Sun Bowl with the Horned Frogs (TCU) and helped beat USC (University of Southern California). In his Junior year he set a NCAA record for most yards in a game with 408 yards. He ended that year leading the NCAA with 1,850 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns.

LaDainian celebrating a touchdown.
LaDainian celebrating a touchdown.

In 2000, during LaDainian’s senior year, he lead the NCAA yet again with 2,158 yards, 22 touchdowns, and 354 receiving yards. He won the Doak Walker Award for being the nation’s best running back. He also was in the race for the Heisman, but came in fourth. LaDainian also won the Senior Bowl Most Valuable Player, and Mobile Alabama Bowl Most Valuable Player. He was drafted as a fifth round pick to the San Diego Chargers. He immediately started at running back and started every game since then but one.

LaDainian is my hero because he runs for many yards every game, and that is what I would like to do when I grow up. He is a guy with a lot of class, and that makes him a great role model. I think he is the world's greatest running back because he is so athletic and fast. For all these reasons, he is my hero.

LaDainian Tomlinson Wikipedia - Wikipeia is a great Website if you are looking for information about his life.
NFL - This Website will give you facts about him.
LaDainian Tomlinson - This Website will give you videos and photos of him.