Oliver “Ollie” Lang

by Naseem

At age 17, Oliver “Ollie” Lang joined the Ironmen, becoming one of the youngest and most visible professional paintball players. He played with guts, he played to win, and he played with heart.

Oliver had chosen a career that was what he loved. It was his passion. This has inspired me to choose a career that I love, that is my passion, and to do it with people I love. He was born in San Francisco, California, and has played in tournaments all over the world, from the United States to Japan and everywhere in between. He played in his first tournament, The Mare Island Cup, in 1997, with The Monkeys. Within the next year he had joined a local team, Positive Impact. Around 1998 he had joined up with some of his childhood friends and created team Lofty, who placed 2nd and 3rd in the Great Western Series (now XPSL). In 1999, he and a friend made a team that would be known as the first “kids” team in the Great Western Series: Ironkids. The team would accomplish amazing feats that had never been dreamed possible. They won every 10-man event in the Great Western Series and four out of five of the 5-man. Not long after, they would become team Dynasty, a team that would dominate the playing fields for the next three years (’02-’05).

Oliver has had many personal and team awards. In 2000, 2002, and 2003 he was named player of the year by several different magazines. In the year 2004, Paintballbiz named him Best International Player, a top honor. And from 1999-2005 he has contributed to over 39 team wins, such as the NPPL Huntington Beach 1st place 2005, the NPPL Series Title in 2000, and the only team to win the Triple crown three years running (2002-04). These attributes and accomplishments have inspired me to work hard and to attempt to be successful at what I love to do.

Oliver is not only recognized for his awards but for the way he plays. He “lets it all out on the field” by being one of the most vocal and dynamic players. It is electrifying to watch him play in his nervous energetic fashion. These attributes and his way of “single handedly” destroying pro teams have contributed to his reputation as one of the most widely recognized and best players in paintball.

From the young age of 17 until now, paintball has brought him “travel, friends, and the experience of a lifetime.” His characteristics have all been shaped by it, he loves to play it, he is great at it, he does stunts in it that were thought to be impossible in paintball. “Hesitate and Lose” – Oliver Lang

Oliver Lang - Showing everything from bios to pictures and videos of Oliver "Ollie" Lang.

Learn all about Oliver and his teammates on Team Dynasty: http://www.dynastypaintball.com