Lelouch

by Chen-Wei from Taipei

Almost everyone has his hero, and so do I. But for me, my hero is not a real person, he's a fictional person whose name is Lelouch vi Britannia from the anime called Code Geass: The rebel of Lelouch. Born in the royalty, his childhood is not lucky, however. He was sent to Japan as a hostage. Strangely, his former country conquered Japan the next year. To avoid the catastrophe, he was forced to change his name and hide himself. Because his mom was killed by terrorists and his father didn't do anything to save her, he hates his father strongly. "Why didn't you save Mom?" he said. "Your mother has died. You have no right to inherit the throne. Get away from my country!" said his father. From then on, he decided to rebel and overthrow the country.

"Only when a person has the awareness of being killed does he have the power to kill others." This sentence might be a little terrible, but it is the truth of everything. What Lelouch said means that before you do something, you have to know you will be done by someone. It inspired me a lot because I often do something without thinking. Another sentence he said is "If the leader doesn't go first, the follower will not follow you." Although I'm not a leader, I should still do this. Because people should be a role model for someone at least for their children. If one can't do his best as a leader, he doesn't have the right to lead others. That's what the sentence means.

In spite of the fact that Lelouch is not a fictional person, he still inspires me. This anime is not only for entertainment or business but also for social issues about racism, war, and humanness. My hero, Lelouch, is just a character of the anime but he reflects the real world genuinely and encourages me and lives in my mind forever.