Abraham Lincoln

by Jeremy from Dublin

I think a hero should have many good qualities. A hero has to be smart, honest, caring, courageous, and kind. If someone doesn’t have all these qualities, then they are not a hero. My hero is Abraham Lincoln.

My hero was really smart. He was the 16th president of the United States. He was one of the best presidents the United States has ever had. He also made strategies for the Civil War.

My hero was also really caring. He cared about slaves and other peoples’ welfare. He fought the Civil War in order to free slaves.

My hero was courageous too. He went to war with the South in order to free slaves. He also became a Captain in an Indian - Fighting militia. He did both things knowing he could be killed or hated.

My hero was also kind. He sacrificed his wants for others wants and needs. He worked really hard to please other people. He also banned slavery and he freed slaves. To do so, he went to war. The last character trait my hero has is honesty. My hero would never tell a lie. That’s why he’s one of the best presidents the United States has ever had. He even got the nickname “Honest Abe” because of his honesty. Those are reasons I think Abraham Lincoln is a hero. I hope you agree with me. I think everyone should try to be like Abraham Lincoln. I proudly say he is my hero!