Abraham Lincoln

by Alex from State College

Abraham Lincoln is my hero because he was a great guy.

Why do I think he is a great guy and hero? Because he led the Civil War against slavery. Slavery should have been stopped but it wasn’t. He was also the most trusted person. I mean people called him Honest Abe! He was also one of the politest around; he always said please and thank you! He was also a great leader because he was a president!

He didn’t have the greatest childhood but he was a very smart kid. He even taught himself to read! Abe was smart and he knew he was because even with not a lot of education as a kid he was the best lawyer in Kentucky! One of the the main reasons I think he should be a hero is because he recited the Gettysburg Address!

I think that from being the most honest, smart, diplomatic, and respected person, that he should be a hero because all of those traits scream “hero” to me and hopefully to you too. That is why Abraham Lincoln is my hero.