Abraham Lincoln

by Corby from Springville

My hero is Abraham Lincoln. He was born in a log cabin near Hodgenville, Kentucky, on a Sunday, February 12, 1809. He was the son of Thomas and Nancy Hanks Lincoln. He married Mary Todd and had 4 children.

When Lincoln was young he loved to read and preferred learning to work in the fields. His Nickname growing up was Honest Abe Lincoln. He was 6foot 4inches tall and studied law in his spare time.

He fought to help save the Union from falling apart by making plans and assigning commanders to the armies. He wanted to free all the slaves, so he passed an amendment known as the 13th amendment. He fought the confederates, with his armies. He won at the end, but he still loss a lot of things, like troops and other things that people really loved.

Abraham Lincoln stood up for what he believed in. He believed that slavery was wrong and so he fought and debated to free slaves. He had determination to bring the Union Armies to victory and he was determined to free the slaves. He was brave and willing to risk his life to help bring his people and slaves to a safer and free land.

This is my hero because without him we would probably still have slaves in are country right now, who knows you could have been a slave. He changed the way people look at slavery and how it is wrong. He brought people who were slaves away from what they were doing, which was working in the fields and any other jobs that slave owners didn’t want to do.