WORKING MAN

by Christopher from Union

ESCO (http://www.ci.newton.ms.us/industrialPark.htm)

If you ask me who my hero is, it would not be hard to narrow it down to my father, Marcus Griffin. Through all my life I have witnessed people trying hard to obtain something or to get somewhere, but my dad works harder than you could even begin to imagine. For example: we have always wanted our own home and he knew that. That man went to work every day for five to six days a week for hours, came home tired and sore but did he ever complain? No. He and my mother went out looking at house after house, but none of them was the one. Then one day they found it. The house we live in today is our home all because my father went to work, paid the bills and never complained. Through the years, I have learned many things from him including if you want something you have to work for it, to always say yes sir and no sir, but most importantly just be yourself and always have fun. He never told me this but just by watching him, I learned these things. Never once have we asked him to throw the football around or play basketball and he said no or he was too tired. He always made time for us. I do not know if he knows this but when we ask for something and we cannot get it, later on we do - but I also realize how hard this man works just for us to have what we want. I believe if I wanted the world he would find a way for me to have it. I hope he knows I love him and appreciate everything he does for me from putting clothes on my back, a roof over my head and being my dad. So my dad, Marcus Griffin, who lives in Union and works at ESCO is my hero