Michael Jackson

by Michelle from Cornwall

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with." - Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson in a interview.
Michael Jackson in a interview.

A hero for me is someone who wants to make a difference in people's lives and in the world, to make a change on how people think of others and make a positive impact. Michael Jackson is my hero because he's touched hearts and lives in an amazing way which makes him wonderful. Michael was an optimistic person and accepted people with open arms the way they are.

Michael Joseph Jackson was born August 29th 1958 in Gary, Indiana. His parents are Joseph and Katherine Jackson. He has 5 brothers, Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and Randy, and 3 sisters Latoya, Janet and Rebbie. Michael is the seventh child. Growing up Michael didn't have an easy childhood. He had a lot of pressure on him after he became the lead singer of the group “Jackson 5” created by his father; his father always wanted them to sing and dance to perfection, and also going overboard by physically abusing his children.

By 1978, Michael had an accident that led him to have facial surgery to fix his broken nose and the second time to fix the imperfections from the first surgery. Michael also had a skin disease called “virtiligo” which caused him to go from skin colour black to white. Michael was married to Elvis Presley’s daughter Lisa Marie, they divorced about a year later. Then married Debbie Rowe and had 2 children with her, Prince Michael and Paris Katherine, later on they divorced. Michael finally had another child with a surrogate mother, his son who is named Prince Michael II and who they also called “Blanket”. Michael had a ranch he called “Neverland” until it was searched by police. He said: “ After it had been searched by the police it no longer felt like home.” He then moved to Beverly Hills. Michael Jackson was named “King Of Pop” and also known for his famous “Moon Walk”. Some of Michael’s popular songs are “Rock with you”, “Don’t stop 'til you get enough”, “Billie Jean”, “Thriller”, “Beat it”, “ We are the world”, “Bad”, “The way you make me feel”, “ Man in the mirror”, “Smooth criminal”, “Leave me alone”, “Black or White”, “You are not alone”, “Earth song”, “You rock my world”, He also appeared in the movie “The Wiz” as the scarecrow.

The greatest qualities about my hero is he was an “Accepting” individual, he accepted people from any race, religion or culture, for who they were, being perfect didn't matter to him. He was a “Caring” person, he helped sick children, he donated to charity, he cared about everyone. He was a “Loving” person, he loved everyone no matter what, he loved his family, his children his friends and he also loved animals. He was a “Funny” person, he loved to laugh and loved to make other people laugh as well. He was a “Brave” person, because he didn't give up even when people put him down, and he wasn't scared to show the real him. And he had a “Creative” mind and soul, which helped him in his career and to create the songs that have so much meaning and that in the end tell a story.

Michael Jackson was a hero because of what he has lived through and what he has accomplished in his life not only to make a change in one person's life but to make a difference in the world. He has touched many hearts and lives through his lyrics and also from his heart. He had to overcome obstacles through his journey not only as an artist but as a individual. Michael was always optimistic about everything and never let anything or anyone put him down.

My personal connection to Michael Jackson is that I admire his love for life and everything he went through in life to get to where he was today, and I admire how he never gave up trying to make a huge difference in the world and to make his dreams come true. He has accomplished so much in his life but also lost things in life but never gave up on his dream which was to make the world a better place, and he has truly made a difference in my heart and changed my point of view about life itself and that life is a gift that should never be taken for granted.