Earvin Magic Johnson

by Jason from La Crescenta

Do you have any idea who I’m writing about from the title? If you do, great, but if you don’t, well... I’ll tell you who. I’m talking about Earvin “Magic” Johnson, or Magic Johnson for short.To me, he’s true magic, and I’ll tell you why.

Magic Johnson was born a basketball prodigy. He was born on August 14, 1959. He was phenomenal in every game he played, even in his high school years and his college. He attended in a high school called Everett, which is in Lansing, Michigan. The college he attended to was Michigan State. Then finally, he went into the Los Angeles Lakers. During his career, he had 3 MVP awards and several other awards. Then one day, he announced that he had Aids and had to quit. He showed bravery and inspired me to try to be like him.

At that moment I thought of him as one of my hero’s. He inspired me to play basketball with a happy heart, and to not be negative in the game. Plus, I learned to be a good sport too. He also inspired to be a fighter, and to never give up. I learned this when he fights, and still is fighting Aids.

So to sum things up, he is a great person and is an excellent to look up to and call a true Hero. He has all the traits as a hero, and the team spirit too.