Dr. Magdi Yacoub

by Moreen from El Sheikh Zaid

Dr. Magdi Yacoub (wikipedia)
Dr. Magdi Yacoub (wikipedia)

Hello I will talk about the life of Dr. Magdi Yacoub. He's the most famous heart surgeon in the world. He was born at 16 November 1935 in Assuite. When he was 5 years old, he said "I want to be a surgeon" because his father was a surgeon and his aunt died at 20 years old because she was sick from her heart. Doctor Magdi Yacoub said : "Many people need treatment for this problem, I will be a heart surgeon to help people". He was educated in Cairo University. Now he is working at Imperial College in London.

I want Dr. Magdi Yacoub to be my hero because he worked hard to be a surgeon as he wanted when he was a young. I want to be a doctor, a very famous doctor, like Dr. Magdi Yacoub. He took the title of Sir and he's the first Egyptian to receive the Order of Merit. I am working and studying hard to be a doctor like my hero. I finished my paragraph and thanks for your listening. I hope for everyone to have a hero and to be in future like their hero.

Dr. Magdi Yacoub - Wikipedia
Chain of Hope, Founder Sir Magdi Yacoub - Chain of Hope links experts together around the world to bring life-saving heart treatments to children in developing and war-torn countries.
Magdi Yacoub becomes the first Egyptian to receive the Order of Merit - Egyptian Streets