Michael J. Jordan

by Harrison from Winston-Salem, North Carolina

Michael Jordan is not only a hero to me, but he is a role model too. He has been a professional basketball player for a long time. He earlier retired and then came back into it. Jordan was born in Brooklyn, New York, and raised in Wilmington, North Carolina. He moved to North Carolina when he was seven years old. He had to show many character traits to become the role model he is today. The first trait is perseverance. He showed this by trying, and trying to become a better basketball player. His first high school tryouts did not go to well. He was rejected and not allowed to play that year. The following year the same thing happened over the summer, he worked hard to become a better athlete. He finally made the team and went on to play basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels. He was so good, that he was drafted to the NBA. He soon led his team to victory. He earned five most valuable player awards along with other individual and/or group awards. Even if they did not like him, he was well respected. His first year in the NBA, he averaged a total of 28.2 points a game and won the rookie of the year award. He was a six foot six guard for the Chicago Bulls his first year. His fans thought of him as a hero or role model or even a god in some cases. He was well respected for his hard work in becoming a professional athlete and for his achievements. Michael Jordan was not only a basketball player, he later decided that he wanted to become a baseball player. He also enjoyed his success in business and the making of his own restaurant and clothing line. He has been in some movies including “Slam Jam”, “Looney Tunes: Back in Action”, “There are No Children Here”, and “Playground”. He has also been included in many TV shows.

Michael Jordan Bibliography - sports bibliography