Michael J. Jordan

by Angelo Rosario from Milpitas

As athletes, we're used to reacting quickly. Here, it's come, stop, come, stop. There's a lot of downtime. That's the toughest part of the day.
Air Jordan dunking a ball (From sportsphotos.com(photobucket.com)

My hero is Michael Jordan and he is one of the best basketball players. People call him "Air Jordan" because when he dunks a basketball, it seems that he has been airborn longer than anyone else. His full name is "Michael Jeffery Jordan". His jersey number was 23 in the NBA for the Chicago Bulls. Michael Jordan retired in 1999 then again at 2003. He sometimes plays golf now and then when he has time.

Bulls vs Wolves scoreboard (Google.com
Bulls vs Wolves scoreboard (Google.com

The first team Michael Jordan played against was the Washington Bullets on 10-26-84 and scored exactly 16 points. He scored 32,292 in regular season games, 5,987 points in the playoffs, and 262 points in all-star games. He went to the University of North Carolina for college. He played most of his professional career with the Chicago Bulls. From the seasons 84-85 to 95-96, he dunked exactly 2186 times in regular season and 448 times in the playoffs.

Michael Jordan was actually born in Brooklyn New York and grew up in Wilmington, North Carolina. He was born to James R. Jordan, Sr. and Deborah Jordan in Brooklyn, New York. He now lives around in Chicago.

Picture of Michael Jordan (23jordan.com)

Michael Jordan was born on February 17, 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. He was the college player of the year in 1983, 1984, and won the 1984's Naismith and Wooden awards. He was the league leader of scoring 10 titles, (986-1993, 1996-1998). He started playing basketball about when he started high school then got cut of by varsity, he retired in 1994. Then he came back again as the number 45 for the Bulls then retired again at 1998 winning a total of 6 championships.

Michael Jordan is amazing to me because of all the dunks that he did in the NBA. He inspired me to play more basketball by scoring a lot of baskets and having a succesful professional career. I'm not really good at playing basketball but I'm still trying to play. I liked soccer but choosing Michael Jordan seemed to have more info to talk about and more interesting information to talk about.