Agustin Barrios Mangore

by Meghan from Cedar Grove

Bob Dylan had once explained, “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his or her freedom.” To become a hero, you have to realize how important it is to believe in your values, your dreams, and be a leader. Having that extraordinary in you makes you a hero. When a hero accomplishes his or her deed, they become a role-model and many people admire them. Agustin Barrios Mangore from Paraguay is a hero because he is a well known musician.

Agustin Barrios Mangore was born in San Juan, Paraguay. He was born on May 5, 1888 and he died on August 7, 1944. Mangore had seven brothers; they all had a love for music and literature. At the age of thirteen, the youngest in Paraguayan history, he won a scholarship for music. Most people in Paraguay spoke and read Spanish and Guarani only, but Mangore spoke Spanish, Guarani, and he also read German, French, and English. Many interesting deeds were accomplished by Agustin when he was young.

Richard Stover had once exclaimed, “Agustin Barrios Mangore was the greatest guitarist and composer of the first half of the present century.” Although he did play different instruments, he was the best playing the guitar, which he played the most. He had arranged more than three hundred songs for the guitar. In 1919 Agustin was on Brazilian grounds when he translated the music written by Bach for guitars. Being the first guitarist to record disks which had speed of 78 rounds per minute was a great idea to him. Having to be appreciated in mathematics and journalism was very interesting. To be known for many years by many people was what has made Mangore a hero.

Agustin Barrios Mangore is a hero who possessed the qualities of motivation, being confident, and having curiosity. He was determined and motivated to play different instruments, the guitar, and to play with many different people. Having the confidence in you is what Mangore had; he knew that he could play all types of instruments and mostly the guitar. Curiosity is also another quality that Agustin had. He really liked to learn other languages. These three qualities are the qualities that made Mangore a hero.

In conclusion, a hero is someone who is a role-model and who inspires many other people. Some heroes are very famous and that is why many people admire them. Agustin Barrios Mangore is still known in Paraguay to be the best guitarist in Paraguayan history. Agustin became famous by performing in phenomenal performances; he was the first to get his classical guitar music recorded. Barrios also wrote poems. He created poems for his guitar music. After all the deeds he accomplished, everyone considers him a hero because Agustin Barrios Mangore is a hero.

Agustin Barrios Mangore - About his Music
Agustin Barrios Mangore - Biography