Reggie Miller

by Mitchell from Columbus, Indiana

Reggie (www.google.com)
Reggie (www.google.com)

Reggie Miller was born Aug. 24, 1965 in Riverside California. He was wearing a leg brace until the age of four. Reggie Miller loved watching his sisters and brothers play sports. He went on from Middle School to go to Riverside High School. After graduating from High School, he went to UCLA.

Reggie Miller (www.google.com)
Reggie Miller (www.google.com)

Reggie Miller had a hip deformation that caused splayed feet. He wore a leg brace to correct his birth defect. Doctors questioned if he would ever walk unassisted. When his brace came off, he got very athletic. Reggie Miller became interested in basketball when he was young. He always wanted to play with his sister. After he got his brace off, he played a lot. Reggie Miller became a very accomplished basketball player, playing for the Indiana Pacers. People say he was the best three-point shooter that ever lived. He was very good and averaged twenty-five points a game. Miller has received messages from other NBA teams, but said he will not move. Reggie Miller lead the Pacers to the NBA Championship Series, but was never successful at winning one. Reggie Miller retired on May 19, 2007.

In Reggie Miller's whole career, he averaged fifteen points, two rebounds, and two assists per game. Reggie Miller played eighteen years of professional basketball. In one final game against the Knicks, Reggie Miller made three-three pointers in a row to tie the game.

Reggie Miller has inspired me because he has gone through many obstacles and frustrating moments. I often have those moments and I try to think of what Reggie Miller would do.

Reggie Miller has taught me not to give up, but to face my problem and fight it. NEVER EVER GIVE UP. He has also taught me you need to be able to depend on other people to help you throughout your life.