Joe Montana

by Tyler from Selden, New York

Joe Montana (www.google.com)
Joe Montana (www.google.com)

A hero is someone you can look up to, someone that has done many great things and gave back to the community. Heroes don’t always get recognized for what they do. There are many other heroes out there every day doing things for others and they don’t always get recognized. A hero can be anything from a cop to an all time superstar. A hero is your role model, someone you admire and look up to.

signed helmet (www.google.com)
signed helmet (www.google.com)

My hero is someone great who was recognized for his athletic ability. He played pro football for 15 years on two teams, the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs. His name is Joe Montana and he played quarterback for those teams for 15 years. He played for the 49ers for 12 years and the Chiefs for 3 years. He was called great by so many people, one of the all time greatest quarterbacks of the NFL. He threw 734 completions and 460 of those passes were completed, 21 of the 734 were intercepted. He threw 45 touchdowns and gained 5772 yards. Joe Montana is an amazing quarterback.

Joe Montana, was born in 1956 in the town of New Eagle, Pennsylvania. He was an only child. his father was the one who got him into football. As a child he played other sports than football, he also played baseball and was a "star pitcher". Like me Joe also had a hero to gert him started on his quarterback career. His hero was Joe Namath, which inspires me even more. He wasn't the best quarterback as a child. He was an inaccurate thrower and didn't like to take a hit. They said he would never make it. His first year on the 49ers he didn't do so hot, but his next year he threw for 1795 yards and was a bit more accurate. His best year was in 1981. He played phenominally that year and threw for 3565 yards.

signed helmet (www.google.com)
signed helmet (www.google.com)

Joe Montana is someone that I think could inspire anyone. He inspires me the most because he also had a hero to get him started. He also wasn't so hot when he started either just like me. im not too good but with practice and hard work I could grow up to be a great quarterback. Joe Montana is my hero.

"You guys should know I'm not the best quarterback for the school football team but you know what? I'm trying harder every day to be the best I can. If you like what I've written, thanks a bunch."