Mother Teresa

by Atab from New York

Jesus said love one another. He didn't say love the whole world but Mother Teresa always tried to help all the poor people all around the world.

Mother Teresa
Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa is a giving woman with a happy family and had a good education. When she was small, her family named her Agnes. That was her real name. Agnes and her mother would watch over any kids if needed. Agnes had a very happy childhood and a very happy family. She was born August 26, 1910 in a town in Macedonia. Agnes had a sister named Age and a brother named Lazar that was much older. Agnes’ mom taught her the first lesson in charity when she was just a little girl. She decided to devote herself to god and follow his will for her. She taught kids about Catholicism and even tutored them most frequently. Sometimes she would give them prizes. Fighting and unrest in the Balkans continued in her childhood. She could have got hurt really bad. When Agnes was small they had to try and make money when her poor beloved father died. There was not enough room in the school for children to go to in childhood.

Mother Teresa made many contributions. One contribution is that Agnes and her mother watched over six children when the mother of the six children was sick. Agnes and here mother would always love to help out the other people with their needs. Another is Agnes was thinking if she wanted to become a nun. She had to make a difficult decision because she might never see her family ever again. But she did become a nun to serve God, even if she could never see her family again. The last contribution is that Mother Teresa felt so bad for the poor people who had no food or home. She tried to make money to open up a place for poor people to die in dignity, so a couple months later she finally opened up a place for them to live. These are some contributions that Mother Teresa made in her life. That really did assist lots of people.

Mother Teresa did have a lot of problems. One problem is some residents threw stones at her and screamed at her to just go away, and all Teresa wanted to do was to just help them. She had to try and make money with getting another job. Later on when she was in her 60s, people would always interview her because she always helped the poor. When she would be interviewed, it would bother her because she had to concentrate on her own work to help the poor. As you can see, these are some problems Mother Teresa struggled with.

Mother Teresa was a very rewarded lady. She won the American Good Samaritan award, and she was rewarded with the Templeton award for progress in religion. As you can see, Mother Teresa got rewarded for doing masses of things people never did in the world.

Mother Teresa had very nice traits. One trait is that Mother Teresa is a giving woman. For example she always gave money and food to the poor and she even gave them medicine. Another trait is she is thankful she has a family. And that she became a nun to serve god. Last, another trait is she is very fair, like if she sees the poor people eating food like rice and salt, then she eats only rice and salt. These are some very honorable traits that Mother Teresa did for people and for herself.

I think people might learn that you should help the poor and donate to the charity and bring the poor a place to live. So if you see a homeless person, you should assist them.