Loving Mother

by Catherine Gundelfinger from Reynoldsburg

What is a hero? Is it someone who protects the city when it is in danger, helps you find something important when you lose it, when a disaster strikes like mother nature they are there to help you back on your feet. Or, is it someone as simple as mom and dad who are always there to look under the bed or in the closet for the boogie man. These are many things we look for and hope to see in many people. A hero comes in all shapes, sizes, and personalities, as humans and even animals. We don't see animals as heroes until someone speaks up for the heroic deed that animals performed.

My hero that I am going to talk about is my mother. First off I applaud her for putting up with my siblings and I. She works her butt off every day to put food on the table, cloths on our backs, a roof over our heads, and a good education. My mom is my hero for many reasons. All us kids were very active when we were younger and she would take us all over the place just so we could play our sports. She is my number one fan in sports and definitely my number one in education. She is always there to support me through the ups and downs life throws at us, but we always manage to get through it. We may bump heads at times, but it is only because she cares so much. She is my best friend and my biggest supporter. Her outgoing personality brings warmth to every event. I would not change a single thing about her. This is for all the moms out there who don't hear it from their kids personally.