Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

by Alex from Grand Rapids

My Hero
Mozart and his family (picsearch.com)
Mozart and his family (picsearch.com)

My hero is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, (but family and friends called him Wolferl) who was a very famous musical artist in the late 1700’s. He was born January 27 1756 in Salzburg, Austria. His mom's name was Anna Maria Mozart, who had given birth to nine children but only 2 survived, Wolferl and his four years old sister Nanerl. Wolferl’s father's name was Leopold, who was a professional musician.

Thinking about mother (picsearch.com)
Thinking about mother (picsearch.com)

When Nanerl was seven she learned to play the clavier and Leopold and she would play together while little Wolferl sat on the ground listening. But little did they no that the little boy sitting on the ground had talent beyond belief. One day after Leopold and Nanerl were done playing music Wolferl went over and started playing some notes on the clavier that sounded pretty to him. Around the corner Leopold was secretly listening and then decided that it was time to have Wolferl take lessons and Wolferl was amazing he could play difficult pieces at the age of four. Also that same year he wrote his first piece of music A Minuet in G.(k.1).3, the piece was so difficult it was impossible to play. He learned to do all this before he could even walk or read. His dad very soon realized that he had two of the most talented kids in the world, so he decided to take them on a tour to play for royalty. Their first stop was in England where they played for the queen. She was so impressed that she told all of her friends. From there they stopped in many more places and played for many royal people. People everywhere were talking about the fabulous Mozart family. But everyone was most impressed by little Wolferl; people would always ask if Leopold forced him to play but that was certainly not true he just plain and simple loved to play. For someone his age he understood the stories within the lines that some people could spend their whole life trying to find.

The Mozart’s traveled all over Europe and the whole family loved it. When he was seven he could already speak four different languages from all of the travel. And then they got a great honor they got to stand behind the king and queen of France while they ate.

By now Wolferl was not a little boy anymore so no one would want to see him play as much. So Leopold decided to start giving him composing lessons so that he could become a great composer and that’s just what he did.

mozart  (picsearch.com)
mozart (picsearch.com)

One hardship he had to overcome was when his mom died, which destroyed him and he couldn’t write music for a while. But he came back and ended up writing some of the best music ever. He also went and saved the day when his family was supposed to be playing for the monarchs of England but the guards wouldn’t let them in but then Wolfgang saved the day by playing the violin.

When he was older he went to London to see his favorite composer Johann Christian Bach who inspired him greatly. There in London he wrote his first three symphonies. In 1778 the most tragic thing happened Wolfgang’s mother died. He was very sad and then threw himself into his work. In his lifetime he wrote 40 symphonies and 20 operas. People came from all over just to hear an hours worth of his music but on December 5, 1791 he died. Mozart was an inspiration to music lovers everywhere it was a tragedy that he died and his music is still some of the most famous pieces of today.