Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

by Kyle The Pianist

"I get paid far too much for what I do, and far too little for what I could do."

Was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a brilliant, smart, and music loving lover or a child prodigy who just plain never grew up? Was he a creative composer that never made anything original or was he a musician that only focused on depth? Mozart was many of these things. He was a puzzle waiting to be solved.

(www.mozartfestival.at/ download/gross/mozart.jpg)

Mozart was born in Salzburg, Austria on January 27, 1756. Mozart as a child was so gifted you could not compare him to anything. Mozart loved Math and geography when he was young. He learned a lot of languages when he was young because his parents took him on so many tours around Europe. Mozart was so preoccupied with music he had no time for school ( or at least his parent's thought so! ).

(http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/reviews/music/04/magicflute/merge.shtml)

Mozart composed when he was five years old and played the violin when he was four years old. He and his sister ( Maria Anna ) went on concert tours, Maria playing the keyboard and Mozart playing the violin.

Mozart made symphonies when he was nine years old( I play the piano and the viola and I can't make songs for crud )! Mozart and his family went out on a tour of Europe in 1763 and played many songs for royals. They came back in 1766. Some people thought terribly of Mozart's success and that hurt him badly.

(www.cronologia.it/ storia/biografie/mozart.jpg)

Mozart continued to play concerts and surprisingly everyone loved it. He was hired to be a court composer. Mozart soon found a wife. Her name was Constanze Weber all the way from Germany. They both froliced off to a concert where two woman played Mass in C minor. Mozart's best concert was The Marriage of Figaro in 1786. After that things started to die down. Mozart sank into debt trying to make new songs to play.

Mozart made three last symphonies in less than 7 weeks. Mozart was soon to write a requiem ( that was never finished ). Mozart was ill at the time writing it ( he never knew health ). He soon died and some thought that it was poisoning from another rival composer, others thought it was kidney failure. He was burried in a grave unmarked in Saint Stephen's Cathedral. Haydn told Mozart's father that Mozart was 'the greatest composer known to me in person or by name; he has taste and, what is more, the greatest knowledge of composition'.

Mozart's difficulties are eclipsed by the enormous power of Mozart the musician. His music was often joyous and almost raucous, and yet he could also write melodies of simple and scary beauty. Like Haydn and Beethoven, Mozart was just as comfortable writing simple, direct melodies as he was writing complicated contrapuntal works.

In the end Mozart was missed. He made grand pieces from Rondo Al A Turca to The Magic Flute. He made music for church, ballets, and just plain old entertainment pieces. He made around six hundred pieces.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - talks about Mozart's life
Island of Freedom - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - talks about Mozart's life
Essentials of Music - Composers - talks about Mozart's life
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart - talks about Mozart's life