Nick Vujicic

by Iris from San Francisco

“And we know that in all things God works for the best for those who love Him." - Romans 8:28

Born without limbs. Without arms or legs, how could you possible do anything? Well, for Nick Vujicic, he was born without limbs in Melbourne, Australia, on December 4, 1982. Vujicic was the firstborn son of his family, and his father thought he would not stay alive very long. But when Vujicic did some tests, he was very healthy, but just born without legs or arms.

(http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/1/1/0/2/9/ar118646084992011.jpg)

So, how did he manage to live without limbs? Throughout his childhood and adolescence, Vujicic felt uncomfortable with his surroundings. He was bullied and felt rejected, but he developed values and attitudes with the assistance of his parents. Many times he felt very down that he could not go to school. With the support of his parents, Vujicic overcame the rudeness of people who hurt him. Nick Vujicic began to gain friends by communicating with them orally. Shortly after, his classmates noticed he was the same.

Nick Vujicic learned that God loved us all when he first attended Sunday school. Vujicic got all caught up with God loving him and wondered why God made him the way he was. When he was young he wanted to end his life because he felt so out of place. But again with the help of his family, he was able to turn around and be strong and comfortable.

Nick Vujicic learned was not take things for granted. A verse from the Bible caught his heart from Romans 8:28, “And we know that in all things God works for the best for those who love Him." It told him that luck did not really exist, and you needed to work for your accomplishments.

Nick Vujicic has become independent and learned to take care of himself. He can do personal things, such as dressing himself and combing his hair, and uses the help of an electrical wheelchair. He speaks out to teenagers to give confidence them through times of difficulty.