Paul D. Hewson

by Minnie from Oregon

"Its a Beautiful Day, Don't Let it Get Away."

I don’t have just one hero, a certain person that I model my life on.
I’m my own person, and proud of it.
I hope to be, and model my life on, all heroes; my mom, my cat, Abe Lincoln, Martin L. King Jr. and so on, because, I hope to be a hero someday.

The person that I singled out and made ‘MyHero’, the person who I think is the most fitting for this description, a fantastic role model, the most I would like to be, or maybe not be but act in the same way for the same cause, helping the same people and the world. This person rises above a great many people and stands out the most by helping, in my opinion. So with all that said, and so we are clear, here is my MyHero report:

<a href=http://www.harrywalker.com/photos/Bono.jpg>Bono</a>
Bono

For MyHero I chose Paul David Hewson or “Bono” (Bah-noe) as he is most commonly referred to. He was born on the 10th of May, 1960, in Dublin, Ireland. He is a musician for the popular Irish Rock Band U2, where he is the Lead Singer and Main Lyricist. He is also an activist for the world…

Bono mainly works on fighting AIDS in Africa. He’s helped start PRODUCT(RED) an organization that has been in friendship with popular brands like GAP®, Motorola®, and Converse®, to name a few, where they have red t-shirts, red cell phones, red shoes etc., where a percentage of the money earned from selling those things goes to help fight AIDS in Africa.

He lives in Killiney, Dublin, with his wife and four kids. He also shares a villa in France and an apartment in Manhattan with fellow U2 bandmate The Edge.

Bono is important to me because I feel that he has done a lot for the world.
He is a humanitarian, fighting AIDS in Africa.
He is a father and a husband.
He creates amazing music, with fulfilling and feel good lyrics such as:
“It’s a Beautiful day, don’t let it get away.”

<a href=http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/10/20/bono.jpg>Bono</a>
Bono

Recognition has been given to him such as, he was awarded the Pablo Neruda International Presidential Medal of Honor from the Government of Chile and he was knighted for the Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
He has also gotten world recognition by being nominated for the Nobel Peace prize several years, 2003, 2005, and 2006.
He is the only person in history to be nominated for a Golden Globe, Academy Award, Grammy, and Nobel Peace Prize.

He once gave a speech at a political breakfast about the poor in America and the budget we spend on helping them every year and how we need to change it.

And the one thing, the thing that rises above everything else, that I really admire, is he uses his celebrity power to do good!
He doesn’t just sit around, he goes about the world and helps!
That’s what I truly admire!
I think all these are fantastic reasons to have him as MyHero. Because a man that has done all that and MORE should at least get some recognition.

So that is why I chose Paul David Hewson, or “Bono”, for MyHero, because he truly helps people and cares!