Patrice Bergeron

by Alex from Palmer, Massachusetts

(www.google.com)
(www.google.com)

Who is your hero? Why is that person your hero? My hero is Patrice Bergeron (#37) of the Boston Bruins because he is there for the community. Also, he is a good hockey player who has survived two concussions. His compassion for others and perseverance for surviving two concussions inspire me.

Patrice Bergeron is 6’2” and weighs 194 pounds. He is an Alternate Captain on the Boston Bruins. He shoots right. His position is center. He was drafted in 2003 by the Boston Bruins as the 45th pick in the 2nd round of the draft. He was born on July 24th, '85 in Ancienne-Lorette, QC, Canada.

(www.google.com)
(www.google.com)

First, Patrice Bergeron is a hero because he is there for the community. Patrice has a program called Patrice’s Pals. Patrice’s Pals is a program where he brings patients that are children from Children’s Hospital Boston, The Cam Neely Foundation, Franciscan Hospital for Children, Joslin Diabetes Center, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Big Brother and Big Sister of Massachusetts Bay, and Shriners Hospital. He brings the kids from these hospitals and foundations to his suite at TD Banknorth to watch a Boston Bruins home game. After the game, he comes to his suite and the kids get to meet him. He signs autographs and takes pictures with the kids and to make it more memorable for the kids; they get a Reebok sweatshirt, a Bruins photo and other hockey memorabilia. These are some of the reasons why he is my hero.

(www.google.com)
(www.google.com)
 (www.google.com)
(www.google.com)

Patrice Bergeron is my hero because of his compassion for his community. Also, while surviving two concussions, he persevered and came back to be an inspiration for his teammates and other people who have suffered similar injuries. Patrice Bergeron is the poster boy of heroism.

Google - Google Maps. web searches, and more
ESPN - Get the latest news in sports
NHL - Get the latest news in NHL
Boston Bruins - Get the latest news of the Bruins