Philosophers

Quaid-E-Azam Muhammad ALI JINNAH

by Mohammad Irtiza from Karachi

QUAID-E-AZAM MUHAMMAD ALI JNNAH (FROM BOOK ())

Quaid e Azam is the greatest leader of our history. He won a separate state of Pakistan and printed his name forever in the pages of history. He was a sincere and devoted leader of the Muslims. He was an intelligent and lively thinker. He awakened the Muslims from their slumber. He told them that they were a separate nation from Hindus. They needed a separate state to live according to their religion and culture. He impressed upon the mind of the Muslims of India the necessity of a separate country. His real name was Muhammad Ali Jinnah. He was a businessman of Karachi. He was born on 25th Dec 1876 in Karachi. He was an intelligent, responsible and serious child. He received his early education in Karachi and Bombay. In his student life, he observed the rules of discipline, all this pointed to his future greatness. After completing his education at school, he proceeded to England for higher education He was admitted to the degree to bar at law. He returned to India in 1896. At that time his father's business was not running well. He left Karachi and came to Bombay to try his luck. At the same time, he began to take interest in politics. It was the time of freedom from the British. In the beginning, he joined the Indian National Congress but soon left it on seeing the evil design of the Hindus. He joined the Muslims League and became its leader.He collected the Muslims on one platform. He created in them spirit of unity. He fought against Hindus and the British. His battle was peaceful. His enemies tried to purchase him but he remained undaunted. He was a man of great determination. He worked very hard for the nation in spite of his falling health. The Hindus and the English were equally afraid of his political insight and sound character. He made numberless speeches in which he demanded a separate state for the Muslims.In 1940 the famous Pakistan Resolution was adopted. It was due to the sincere efforts of the Quaid-A-Azam that the British decided to leave India. He got Pakistan on the 14th of August1947.He came to Pakistan after its establishment. He was called the Father of the Nation. He became its first Governor General. Alas! He did not live long to steer the boat of weak and feeble nation. He died on 11 September, 1948. It was a sad date for all of us.

MOHAMMAD IRTIZA