Queen Noor

by Tina from Arizona

<a href=http://www.refugeesinternational.org/files/3250_image1_jackson_2004_noor.jpg>Queen Noor</a href>
Queen Noor

Queen Noor of Jordan is involved in a number of world peace organizations. After she married King Hussein, she founded the King Hussein Foundation, and is now the chairwoman for it. The King Hussein Foundation was made to promote King Hussein's humanitarian vision. It is a non-profit, non-governmental organization established in 1999.

Queen Noor married King Hussein, and they had four kids: two daughters and two sons. She wrote a novel called Leap of Faith, which was published in fifteen different languages. She is involved in many organizations. She is President of United World Colleges, Advisor to Women Waging Peace, involved in Seeds of Peace, and International Campaign to Ban Landmines, Patron of the World Conservation Union, Trustee of the Aspen Institute, and involved in Conservation International, World Wildlife Fund International, Refugees International, and the International Commission on Missing People.

Queen Noor was born Lisa Najeeb Halaby, in Washington D.C., on August 23, 1951. She was the daughter of Najeeb Halaby and Doris Carlquist. She was raised and educated in Massachusetts. She had one younger sister and one younger brother.

Queen Noor is an inspiring person. The effort that she has put into her programs will eventually be noticed. More and more people are following her lead and becoming involved in humanist international organizations and world peace foundations. She has made, and still continues to make the world a better place. Queen Noor is my hero, and a hero to many others as well, because she helps and cares about people and the Earth.