Rob Schneider

by Andres from Arizona

<a href=http://www.nndb.com/people/771/000022705/schneider-7228.jpg>Rob Schneider</a>
Rob Schneider

Not every hero has to save lives. A hero could be someone who cares about others, or someone who makes people laugh, or maybe someone who is always there to help. Every hero dedicates his or her time to become what they are. Most people think that heroes are only famous people and that they should receive respect, but anybody can be a hero: your dad, your mom, your friends etc.., but my particular hero is a well known comedian, Rob Schneider.

Rob Schneider was born in October 31, 1963 in San Francisco, California. Rob Schneider grew up in San Francisco, and he began writing jokes in his teens, and he appearing in many local venues such as the Holy City zoo. Rob Schneider began his career by doing opening acts on live stage for Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld. His first major network television debut was on The David Letterman Show in 1987. He also appeared on HBO’s 13th Annual Young Comedians in 1990. Then one day he was spotted by Lorne Michaels, Saturday Night Live producer, and he became the first Asian American to be a cast member on Saturday Night Live. (His grandmother was Filipina)

After leaving SNL (Saturday Night Live) Schneider played supporting role in movies including Surf Ninjas, Judge Dredd, The Beverly Hillbillies, Demolition Man and Down Periscope. He also appeared on the TV series Coach. Later in his career Schneider began to appear in major movies as the leading roles with his best friend Adam Sandler. In 1999 he began acting in the hilarious movie Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo. Schneider kept doing a lot of movies such as The Animal, The Longest Yard, Hot Chicks and Benchwarmers and became famous really fast.

Other than acting, he also did a number of charities and founded his own charity, The Rob Schneider Music Foundation. This charity encouraged and assisted the music education for Junior High School students. Rob Schneider is my hero because he makes me laugh so much and because he set a good example by doing charity. Rob Schneider inspired me to become funny in my life along with his comedian friends. Schneider is one of the best comedians in the world and without him comedy would mean nothing.