Ray Kurzweil

by Dennis from San Diego

(http://flipthemedia.com/2012/03/ray-kurzweil-bring ())

"Our intuition about the future is linear. But the reality of information technology is exponential, and that makes a profound difference. If I take 30 steps linearly, I get to 30. If I take 30 steps exponentially, I get to a billion" (Kurzweil). Not only did Ray Kurzweil invent many things. He created a machine for blind people called a flatbed scanner that helped many people with their sight. Raymond "Ray" Kurzweil is an american author, computer scientist, inventor, futurist, and a director of google.  Ray has been all over the new for his inventions and great ideas. "Ray Kurzweil has been described as 'the restless genius'" by The Wall Street Journal, and "the ultimate thinking machine" by Forbes. Inc. magazine ranked him #8 among entrepreneurs in the United States, calling him the "rightful heir to Thomas Edison" (Kurzweil)Ray shows these characters throughout his work of inventions. For example, the flatbed scanner for blind people letting them be able to hear the words around them. Kurzweil possesses determination and caring therefore, he is a hero and is  the Albert Einstein of our time has possesses these characteristics throughout all his works .

(http://blogs.voanews.com/digital-frontiers/2011/03 ())

Ray Kurzweil has spent many hours of his life to improve technology for humans. Using his technology to assist in blind people and many more objectives he has. Ray has spent many countless hours working and inventing. He has showed determination throughout all of his inventions. The inventions that Ray has created improved society and aided many humans that are blind. Showing that Ray is determined,is very easy. He has won many prizes that which, he spent many hours working for. " RAY KURZWEIL is perhaps today's foremost enthusiast. An inventor of reading machines, flat-bed scanners, music synthesizers, and speech-recognition software, among other bits of technological wizardry, Kurzweil is also known as an unabashed futurist and an animated proponent of artificial intelligence. In his first book, The Age of Intelligent Machines (1990), he predicted that a computer would defeat the world's chess champion by 1998. (In fact, Deep Blue defeated Garry Kasparov in 1997, a year ahead of schedule.) In a sequel, The Age of Spiritual Machines (1998), Kurzweil envisioned a not-too-distant age in which man and machine would become more and more alike. He prognosticated that computers would soon be wired into our bodies and brains, and that many of our interactions would take place in a domain of virtual reality, where it would be nearly impossible to distinguish human intelligence from its artificial counterpart."(Shapiro) This  explains  how Ray has spent many hours trying to perfect the inventions he has made. With this determination, Ray has accomplished many achievements in his life. Also, all the effort he has put in to improve the people around him has proved off in the end. Another reason Ray has shown determination is when he uses his thoughts to predict the future. As well as  how and what the singularity is going to do. "Now, in The Singularity Is Near,(*) Kurzweil follows this line of thought to what he takes to be its logical end. As computers grow more and more powerful, he argues, artificial intelligence will not only surpass biological intelligence but will actually absorb it. Human civilization will be superseded by a hybrid civilization of men and computers; we will freely upload and download ideas, thoughts, and personalities, expanding our creative and scientific knowledge beyond currently imaginable limits. As time progresses, we will discard our organic habits and become beings of pure information, eventually saturating the entire universe with disembodied intelligence. Kurzweil calls this new paradigm the Singularity, and goes so far as to predict that it will be upon us within a few decades--around 2045, to be precise."(Shapiro) Ray has spent many years progressing in his technology. He predicts in 2045 ideas, thoughts, and personalities will be able to implant into yourself. This showing that Ray has spent time to think and provide evidence that the future will have all of these thoughts and ideas. In conclusion, Ray Kurzweil is a man of determination with his inventions that help others in a positive way.

(http://www.detoxifynow.com/Images/raybio.html ())

Ray Kurzweil is a very caring man from all of the work and invention he has made. He's dabbling into nanotechnology which will aid people with human diseases and failure of the body. Ray Kurzweil shows that he cares about others throughout his work. "On another front, we are beginning to experiment with the integration of computer chips into neural networks. In fact, some of these ventures have already yielded fruit: cochlear implants send electrical impulses representing sound waves directly into the brains of the deaf, effectively replacing a damaged auditory nerve. Along similar lines, writes Kurzweil, we can envision retinal implants that will beam images into the mind's eye, and eventually nanobots--tiny, cell-sized computers--that will sit within the blood vessels of our brains, augmenting our thoughts and broadcasting them to a global Internet. Our nanobot-enhanced brains will be integrated seamlessly into a network of intelligence that is more artificial than biological, and human nature as we know it today will persist mostly as a historical legacy." (Shapiro) Ray has been helping others with his technology ever since he made a flatbed scanner. Also he's been helping blind people see through the retinal implants. This is showing how Ray has helped many people from the inventions that he created. Another reason Ray is a caring man is how his inventions affect others. "But this is only the beginning. As Kurzweil sees it, biomedical tinkering will give way to nanotechnology. Just as nanobots will inhabit our brains, so too will they replace our blood cells, digestive systems, and virtually every other organ in our bodies. Self-replicating nanobot factories will also herald an end to poverty and the scarcity of resources, since they will be able to fabricate any desired object almost literally out of thin air. Once nanotechnology is mature enough, we will even replace our permanent bodies with custom-made avatars, changing our physical incarnation just as we might change clothes to suit our mood and the occasion." (Shapiro)

Inventing his Kurzweil main goal. He has been tinkering with nanotechnology that will replace our blood cells and digestive systems to aid. Also, if idea and this thought is real, this will save many people that are dying from diseases that cause the body to fail. This is displaying that Ray is a man that cares about others around him. Proving that he is a hero and show this criteria.

Ray is a inspiration to many people from his inventions and and ideas of human life. He should be a hero to everyone and everyone should look up to all of the positive things Ray has done. Ray shows many qualities that show he's an inspiration to many lives. "If this seems an impossibly brief time frame for such a radical transformation, Kurzweil responds that we have not absorbed the remarkably rapid pace of technological advance. In the first five chapters of The Singularity Is Near, he explains exactly how and when we will achieve the knowledge we need to attain the Singularity. In the last four chapters and epilogue, he explores the moral and philosophical ramifications of this sublime event, doing his best to calm the doubts of technophobes and more dismal prophets." (Shapiro) Ray is a huge inspiration to many people. The amount of time he has spent to perfect technology has been changing many lives. Ray is an inspiration since the first day he has step foot in a lab.  "ACCORDING TO Kurzweil, what makes the Singularity inevitable is something he calls the Law of Accelerating Returns. Many of us are familiar with Moore's Law, the famous--and so far accurate--prediction by Gordon Moore, the chairman of Intel, that computer chip power per unit of cost would double about every twelve months. In Kurzweil's view, this is merely one example of a much broader principle that applies to every mode of technology, from computer power and Internet bandwidth to DNA sequencing and brain scanning. All of these, he claims, are becoming exponentially more powerful (and cheaper) by the year." (Shapiro)People have seen the power in the invention Kurzweil has made. Helping others through DNA sequencing and being able to brain scan someone. Ray is a huge inspiration that affects others in a positive way. In conclusion Ray Kurzweil is an inspiration to many people from his great works.

Ray Kurzweil is a hero in every aspect improving peoples lives around  him. Ray Kurzweil's has inspired many people and co workers. He is known for being the Albert Einstein of our time  .Ray helps to improve  everyday human life. All of the inventions and thoughts that Ray has done improved many lives. The hours he has spent in the lab and thoughts he has. He has inspired me by showing all the inventions and great ideas he has. The way Ray works and how his mind works is outstanding. Ray should be an inspiration to many other people because he has done many things to improve everyone else life. Ray has been a hero every since he has made his first invention, and is the Albert Einstein of our time that improves human society.

"Kurzweil | Accelerating Intelligence." Kurzweil AI Ray Kurzweil Biography Comments.

KurzweilAINetwork, n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2015.

Shapiro, Kevin. "This Is Your Brain On Nanobots." Commentary 120.5 (2005): 64-68. Literary

Reference Center. Web. 4 Feb. 2015.

Ray Kurzweil biography - http://www.kurzweilai.net/ray-kurzweil-biography
Image #1 - http://flipthemedia.com/2012/03/ray-kurzweil-bring
Image #2 - http://blogs.voanews.com/digital-frontiers/2011/03
Image #3 - http://www.detoxifynow.com/Images/raybio.html