Rosa Louise Parks

by Latonya from Cantonment

Do you like Rosa Parks! I do

Rosa Parks was born on February 4, 1913 in Tuskegee, Alabama, to James and Leona McCuley, a carpenter, and a teacher. Rosa Park is known for not giving up her seat for a white man and being arrested. Rosa Parks worked with famous people such as Martin Luther King, Jr, Coretta Scott King, and so on. She also received medals for what she did to get there. She received medals from former President Bill Clinton. She was also named Mother of the Civil Right Movement" in honor of her courage and hard work.

In August of 1994 Rosa L. Parks was attacked in her own home by a young man who wanted money from her. She says, "I pray for the young man and the conditions in our country that have made him this way. Despite violence and crime in our society, we should not let our fear overwhelm us. We must remain strong."

After Rosa Park's husband died in 1977. Mrs. Parks founded that Rosa and Raymond Parks in institute for self-Development. The institute sponsors offered an annual summer program for teens called "Pathways to Freedom." Teens tour the country in buses, under adult supervision, learning the history of their country and of the Civil Rights Movement.

That why Rosa L. Parks is my hero.