Rosa Parks

by Marine from Amiens

This picture represent my hero called Rosa Paks. (In the net (Wikipedia))

A hero is a person devoted to the others. A hero must be brave and courageous. I think Rosa Parks was a hero because she stood up for human rights and she was determined for stop the segregation. Rosa Parks endured horrific physical and emotional challenges as when she refused to give her place to a white.

Rosa Parks in the bus (In the net (Wikipedia))

At first, Rosa Parks was born on February, 4th 1913 in Tuskegee in the USA. She was an American woman. Rosa was the daughter of James and Leona McCauley. At the age of eleven years old, she went to the industrial school in Montgomery but her grandmother fell sick and that's why she had to stop to take care of her. Then she started a secondary school in Alabama. She married with Raymond Parks, a civil rights activist barber in December of 1932. In 1943, Rosa Parks joined the movement of the civil rights and exercises an activity of secretary until 1957. After that, she worked as cleaning woman for a couple called Clifford and Virginia and they encouraged Rosa to follow a formation on the rights of the workers and the racial equality. Indeed, Rosa Parks became famous in December 1th, 1955 in Montgomery because she refused to give her place to a white passenger. The driver asked her to make way and go to the back of the bus. As she refused, she was arrested, judged and received $15 fine. A young minister called Martin Luther King, Jr. launched a campaign of protest and boycott against the company of buses which would last one year. On November 13th, 1956, the Supreme Court of the United States. Sadly, she died on October 25th of 2005 in Michigan. She was one of the key figures in the fight for civil rights.

She is with Martin Luther King Junior (In the net (Wikipedia))

The top reason why Rosa Parks is my hero is because she stood up for human rights. She is the reason that black people have the same rights as whites so if she didn't stand up to the government, white people in Alabama, maybe even today we would be living in a racist world. She is my hero because she wasn't afraid of jail. She just wanted to spread her message to the world and she did. Rosa lived a life of peace and prosperity. She wasn't afraid of anything. For me, she is a symbol of dignity, courage and hope.