Rafael

by Marcos from Buenos Aires

Hello, I'm Marcos, but my personal hero is called Rafael. He is my father. He's an honest, optimistic and cheerful human being. His smile makes me feel good with myself, and I feel that he cheers up the place with it. He is also a religious person who likes to sing so much, that he is in the church and in my school choir.

My hero, Rafael, has saved my life and has made of it a much more playful life. He once saved my life when I was a little boy. We were both in my garden. My father was gardening as usual because he loved gardening and I was near him, making some company. It was a sunny day I suppose, because if not he wouldn't have been gardening. Suddenly he heard me coughing. He came to me and saw I had something in my mouth that didn't let me breathe. He started pressing my tummy/chest so as to take it away, and finally did. He had saved my life.

My father is still alive, and lives with me in Argentina, Buenos Aires. He is important to me mainly because he is my father, but also because he saved my life and has also helped me in work and by having a smile on his face. Once, he fell off the stairs, with me in his arms! He held me in his arms and made a sort of cocoon to protect me. I don't know how he ended up, but I ended up better than him, that is for sure. That is how he made a difference to me by saving me, twice.

This is not such a good example, but believe it or not, I can compare him to Nelson Mandela in some way. Instead of protecting black people's rights, he protected me! I can also mention he is a "survivor hero". That is because he has saved my life in various occasions as the ones I have mentioned before: the "Gardening Incident" and the "Stairs Accident". Those are the most important ones.

Thus, I can conclude by saying that my father Rafael is optimistic and cheerful by his attitude and by his smile, which cheers me up. He loves Christian religion and singing, so it is not surprising to know that he sings in the church choir. The last and obvious thing I can say is that my father Rafael is my own and very special PERSONAL HERO.