Susan B. Anthony

by Ciara from Hot Springs

Susan B. Anthony (www.art.com)
Susan B. Anthony (www.art.com)

Susan B. Anthony was born on February 15, 1820 in Adams, Massachusetts. She has seven other brothers and sisters in her family. She taught at a men's and women's academy center.

Susan B. Anthony fought for women's rights. She thought that women should have more freedom because men had all the property and women just had their marriage. In 1860, women in New York got to keep their children and their wages. She had also thought that they hadn't been selling enough newspapers to all of the women that always need one when they do.

I think that Susan B. Anthony was very independent about women's rights. What she was fighting for was also happening to her and she thought it wasn't fair. She did something about it. I thought that since she is a hero, then I should help make the world a better place with freedom.