Santa Claus

by Jillian from Quakertown

Santa Claus (noradsanta.org)
Santa Claus (noradsanta.org)

I have chosen Santa Claus for my national hero. He is my national hero because he is so very generous. He goes around the world every year in one night just to give out presents! Wow, what a night for him! Just imagine going around the world in ONE NIGHT. Sure he gets notes, cookies, and sometimes someone leaves him a present, but you must admit that he is quite the generous one. Now, if you have gotten coal from him one year or two, don’t get mad and think he hates you. He only does this because you’ve probably been pretty naughty. Everyone gets naughty at times. But you’ve got to be extra naughty for him to give you coal!

Personally, a hero to me is someone who you think is amazing, your idol, does good deeds, and someone who cares for you. You trust and are honest to your heroes. When I send my letters to Santa, asking him for toys and games, I truly am honest to him. I admit I’ve been bad at times and hope for his forgiveness. If you’re that honest and trust your hero to forgive you, then they’re quite a good hero for you! Santa, in my opinion, is one of those people that I can be honest to and trust. Assuming though, I’m guessing there are a lot of people in the world that you can be honest to and trust.

Santa Claus (noradsanta.org)
Santa Claus (noradsanta.org)

Before and after Christmas, Santa is usually in his workshop, making toys, packing toys, feeding his reindeer, and getting fattened by Mrs. Claus. But he needs his fatness to keep his identity! My sister says he is not real. But guess what? I know he is because I send him letters e-mails, questions on my wood-burning stove at Christmas, and I have carrots bitten by reindeer on Christmas day. I also go on his website called www.noradsanta.org every Christmas Eve to track him. They also have real photos of him, a page explaining how he is real, and what he likes to eat. An extra special page shows how many cookies he has eaten so far on his trip.

Santa Claus (noradnsanta.org)
Santa Claus (noradnsanta.org)

Pretty neat, huh? Well, I’ve heard some news saying that he’s not real. What a LIE!!!! There is so much proof, how can you say no to it? My cousin believes because first of all, why would your parents get you something on Christmas when they said they never because of its price? They didn't! Santa got you that certain item. Second of all, how could your parents fit an ice hockey table through their small basement stairs? They didn’t!! Santa did that! Those are two reasons of PURE PROOF that he is real. So, if you believe and be good, you’ll sure to hear a HOHOHO coming from near your Christmas tree!

ou'll see a sleigh on Christmas Eve Night..... (http://www.utexas.edu/events/orangesanta/graphics/o_santa_pic_lrgr.jpg)

Santa is my hero because he works so hard making children happy. I admire him too because it seems impossible to go to every house around the world in one night, but he does the impossible! Every day and night, besides Christmas Eve, he is working in his workshop with the elves, making toys for good little boys and girls. From movies to Xbox360s, Santa can make ANYTHING. And if you don’t want to send him a letter, just email him your list. His elves, Chuckles and Buckley will make sure Santa receives it. Santa even has his own EMAIL!! He is definitely kind to everyone.

Santa Tracker - Santa Tracker tracks Santa and gives info on his sleigh and himself.