Suzanne Collins

by Tatyana

Has one of your books ever been on The New York Times Best-Sellers? Well one of Suzanne Collins have!

Childhood.

Suzanne Collins was born on August 10, 1962 in Hartford, Connecticut. She has two sisters and one brother. Their names are Kathy Collins, Joanie Collins, and Drew Collins. She went to college at the Alabama School of Fine Arts.

Accomplishments And Obstacles.

She didn't face many obstacles in her life except that her family moved a lot because of her father's job. Today she is faced with the problem of people accusing her that her book ,The Hunger Games, had something to do with the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. She had many accomplishments also. One of the biggest was that her book The Hunger Games was really popular and was on the New York Times Best-Sellers list for over sixty days in a row! Since her family moved a lot she got to go to really good college where she learned how to write a awesome book.

Best Traits.

Suzanne Collins has many traits but here are a few of her best. She is selfless because she didn't think about what she would like when she was writing, but she thought of others. Suzanne is also very dedicated because she devoted herself into writing The Hunger Games and the rest of the series. She is also very focused because she centered all of her attention into writing The Hunger Games series.

Why She Is My Hero.

Suzanne Collins is my hero because she wrote my favorite book series and she was very calm and quiet when she moved. I would have been very upset if I found out I was moving. She is a hero to me because she was really descriptive in her books and she inspired me to be more descriptive. She is also my hero because she stayed strong when people accused her book of having something to do with the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.     

Compare And Contrast.

Suzanne Collins and I don't have many things in common. One big thing is we both enjoy writing and reading. We were also both born in August. We have our differences too. Some are that she is in her fifties and I am only ten. Another difference is that she has two sisters and one brother, but I have one sister and one brother. One of the other differences is that she likes the color red and I like the color blue. Another is that Suzanne Collins is married and I of course am not. Suzanne Collins also has 2 children and I have no children. So as you can see we have our similarities and our differences.