Steve Jobs

by Daryl from San Diego

Jobs presenting the new iPhone (http://topnews.com.sg/images/steve-jobs_0.jpg (Jimmy Peterson ))

"And no, we don't know where it will lead. We just know there's something much bigger than any of us here."(Jobs) Throughout his lifetime Steve Jobs influenced millions of people and thousands of companies. Steve Jobs has changed the world by creating something much bigger than any of us could ever have imagined. He created a class of portable electronic devices that are user friendly and accessible to everyone. He also influenced the creation of a system of easily and for a low price buying books, music, and movies. Steve Jobs co-founded Apple Computers with Stephen Wozniak. Under his guidance, the company pioneered a series of revolutionary technologies including the iPhone and iPad. He was born February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California, U.S. and died October 5, 2011 in Palo Alto, California. Steve Jobs has the traits of influence, determination, and leadership so to me he is a hero.

Throughout his lifetime Steve Jobs influenced millions of people and thousands of companies. Steve Jobs created Apple and the company made products that customers loved and other electronic companies wanted to imitate. As a result the things that Jobs has made, influences our society today.  "In 1998 Jobs announced the release of the iMac, which featured powerful computing at an affordable price. The iBook was unveiled in July 1999. This is a clam-shaped laptop that is available in bright colors. It includes Apple's AirPort, a computer version of the cordless phone that would allow the user to surf the Internet wirelessly. In January 2000 Jobs unveiled Apple's new Internet strategy. It included a group of Macintosh-only Internet-based applications."(Jobs) Jobs also lead Apple to the creation of the app store for a variety of purposes and uses, mainly for the iPod and iPhone. Many different companies also tried to imitate the idea of the AppStore and iTunes. After Jobs introduced the Apple devices, iPod, iPhone, iPad, and iMacs' he impacted the lives of millions of people. "Later that year, Apple introduced the iPod Touch, a portable MP3 and gaming device that included built-in Wi-Fi and an iPhone-like touch screen. Bolstered by the use of the iTunes Store to sell Apple and third-party software, the iPhone and iPod Touch soon boasted more games than any other portable gaming system."(Jobs)  Many of Apple's products have influenced other companies and caused them to try and imitate their designs and devices. In Steve Job's lifetime the things he made with Apple influenced millions of people, and generations and generations to come. Even after his death Steve Jobs' influence is seen everywhere.

"One month later, on September 16, 1997, Jobs accepted to become Apple's interim CEO."(Moisescot) Even though Apple kicked him out, he was determined to come and get back the company he originally created with his colleagues. Whenever he had a problem with something he just pushed through it. If he had stopped to think what he was doing he wouldn't be where he is today. (In history) "In his time at Apple he oversaw many innovations and truly massive changes, one step at a time aided by his determinationand an unswerving faith in his corporation's products. He had a terrific vision of the future and used his determination to push through past the doubts, resistance to change and even criticism, sometimes from within his own corporation!"(Dodds) Steve Jobs' determination was one of the greatest factors in his success. By sheer determination Jobs overcame many great problems to make Apple successful. For many people problems come up for a lot of things but getting through them are the real issue. Jobs handle problems well by using his determination.

Jobs looking through the challenges to come (http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4c09391a7f8b9acc5c050000/steve-jobs.jpg (Nick Saint))

Steve Jobs used his awesome ability as a leader to make his company Apple a huge success. Apple had a lot of problems and not a lot of creativity after they kicked Jobs out and got a new CEO. "Business wasn't all sunshine and roses at Apple. In the decade following Steve's departure, the computer maker had milked all the cash it could from the Macintosh and its successors, surfing on the wave of the desktop publishing revolution that the Mac and the laser printer had made possible. One month later, on September 16, 1997, Jobs accepted to become Apple's interim CEO."(Dodds) When Jobs got kicked out of the company, the sales of Apple products plummeted dramatically. Without Jobs the new under the new CEO, Apple didn't create any successful products. Once Jobs returned to Apple their sales went back up. Jobs returned as CEO and gradually brought back the line of innovative, creative, and successful products to Apple. The new CEO did create new products but none of them were selling as well as Jobs products. All the new CEO did was suck up all the money from the old successful products and make bad ones. Jobs not only created the company but even came back and saved the company after the board of Apple kicked him out. "Steve Jobs co-founded Apple Computers with Stephen Wozniak. Under his guidance, the company pioneered a series of revolutionary technologies including the iPhone and iPad" (Dodds). Jobs lead the company through hard times, when a project failed he pushed through it and still prevailed. Jobs made Apple become a very valuable company.

Steve Jobs has some major traits that make him a hero. They are traits of Influence, Determination, and Leadership. Without those essential traits one could not possible become a hero. Steve Jobs has played a big part in influencing portable consumer electronics today. Steve Jobs is an inspiration to me and millions of other people. He is inspirational because of his ability to do work even through cancer for the last few years of his life. He is also inspirational for being so well known and loved. The greatest reason why he inspires me is that his life was way harder than mine and the path he chose was really difficult. It shows me that even though life can get really difficult and complicated, I can still accomplish great things through determination and believing in myself. Even though Steve Jobs died from cancer a year ago his stories still live on, and he is still my hero.

Works Consulted

Dodds, Allan. "Steve Jobs: Mastermind Of Our Age?" allan1010.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 17 May2012. .

Ferguson, Andrew. "The Steve Jobs Snow

Job." Commentary 132.5 (2011): 80-79. Literary Reference

Center. Web. 10 May 2012.

"Jobs, Steve."UXL Encyclopedia of World Biography. Ed. Laura B. Tyle. Vol. 6. Detroit: UXL, 2003. 1007-1010.Gale Virtual Reference Library.

Web. 10 May 2012.

"Jobs, Steve."Britannica Biographies(2012): 1.Biography Reference Center. Web. 15 May 2012

Moisescot, Romain. "Long Bio."All
About Steve Jobs. Romain Moisescot, 8 May 2012. Web. 10 May 2012. .