Steve Jobs

by Brooke from Marathon

"Renaissance Man", the rebirth of the spirit to push the limits of literacy, art, science and technology for new hopes. Steve Jobs meets all the expectations of a Renaissance Man, because of his innovations and inventions that improved the world.
Steve Jobs with one of his creations. (iPod) (http://blog.thesysintl.com/2012/02/innovator-profi (Leslie))

"Renaissance Man" is defined as the rebirth of the spirit to push the limits of literacy, art, science and technology for new hopes. Steve Jobs meets all the requirements of a "Renaissance Man", because of his innovations and inventions that improved the world.

Picture of Steve Jobs.  (http://www.yalibnan.com/2011/02/28/steve-jobs-is-a (By Mohannad Al-Haj Ali))
Picture of Steve Jobs. (http://www.yalibnan.com/2011/02/28/steve-jobs-is-a (By Mohannad Al-Haj Ali))

Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955. He was born in San Francisco, California. Steve had a very tough childhood. He began life by being put up for adoption because his parents couldn't care for him. In elementary school, as life went on for him, he was known as a trouble maker. He did not care for school, but he was very smart. Steve Jobs also pulled pranks on his teachers. An outcast was what he was known as.

In college, Steve Jobs was in many clubs. One of the clubs he was in was the Homebrew Computer Club. Steve Jobs interest in technology grew, and started in the club. He was also friends with another person just like him who craved technology, Steve Wozniak, Job's partner in crime. Together they worked as one to look into technology, and becoming some of the greatest renaissance people in the world. Also, they worked together to create many of the inventions we use today.

Atari, was Steve Jobs first employer. Atari, is a job that deals with video games, and electronics. Atari, made Steve Jobs crave technology even more. After working at Atari Steve Jobs went on and worked at Apple. At Apple he made some of the first computers that were accessible for regular, everyday people. One of the inventions he made was the Apple Computer 1. His second creation was Apple Computer 2. By his early 20's, he was a multimillionaire for all his creations and innovations. In 1985, because Apple's company was getting less sales, they fired Steve Jobs. Following Apple he went and started NeXT Corporations. Steve Jobs was never the person to ever give up.

After he created NeXT Corporations, he began Pixar Animation Studios in 1986. ("Jobs, Steve") Steve Jobs created the first full length animation movie called Toy Story. ("Jobs, Steve") In 2007 he was honored by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnold honored him by putting him into the California Hall of Fame. (Venezia) Steve Jobs became well known for making all of the things people love and use everyday. The IPad, is used in some schools everyday, also many use it for homework, and looking things up on the web. He also designed the IPhone, that many people can't live without.

Where do you see Steve Jobs inventions everyday? Many people use his creations everyday. A lot of jobs depend on what he invented. Many people said that, 60 years ago, they wouldn't ever have imagine the technology that we have today. Like FaceTiming somebody from China, in the United States, on your cellphone from your bedroom. Or reading a book on your IPad. There are many things now that people couldn't even do 60 years ago. Steve Jobs is a renaissance man because of the way he changed communication. Now humans can access things easier, for example, like the Internet, almost anywhere. Without Steve Jobs, one would be pretty sure we wouldn't be as far into technology as we are today. Sure, we would have phones, but the cellphones wouldn't be as high tech and stylish.

In conclusion, Steve Jobs is a "Renaissance Man". He truly fits the definition of "Renaissance", "the rebirth of spirit to push the limits or literacy, art, science, and technology." Steve Jobs wasn't only successful in science, and technology, but in working on advancing communication. Steve Jobs is a "Renaissance Man".

Steve Jobs - Biography on Steve Jobs.

Steve Jobs changed his first logo, so the current logo right know wasn't always like it is currently. (Killough)