Steve Jobs

by Noah from San Diego

famous photo of Steve Jobs (google images (apple co.))

Steve Jobs once said "Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me." Knowing that he is know dead and probably the richest person in the cemetery, Steve Jobs is known for his magical creations and confounding Apple Corporations. His life is not a perfect life, as people thought it was: Steve was quickly adopted after birth and grew up with Paul and Clara Jobs of Mountain View California. He developed a passion for electronics, so he got a job at Atari Inc., and met fellow designer Steve Wozniak. Who would later become his partner in the founding of Apple Co. After saving some money he took a trip to India in search of answers for the questions he had about his life. When he arrived back home, he convinced his friend Steve Wozniak to quit his job to help develop personal computers. In 1976 Jobs and Wozniak successfully founded Apple computers in Steve Jobs garage. The first generation Apple computer sold for $666.66. By the end of 1980, Apple Co. had already developed improved versions of the Apple computer. He is widely known for his intelligence, creativity, and strength by the end of 1983. He used his intelligence to help others. His creativity made items that made people's lives easier. And his strength kept him fighting for his life until the end. He used his intelligence, creativity, and strength to make a difference in our world, which makes him deserve the title "hero".

Steve introducing the IPad (from google images (Apple Co.))

Steve Jobs used his intelligence to improve people's lives bringing new and marvelous items to our world. Jobs great intelligence started: "Early on, Jobs showed a proficiency in electronics and a thirst for education. In junior high, he complained that he was not learning anything at his school, so his parents moved to Los Altos instead. Always a tinkerer, in high school, Jobs earned money for college tuition by repairing old junk cars and selling them for a profit." (Steve Jobs).  Jobs showed his thirst for knowledge and great promise in electronics at a young age. His swift decision to challenge himself made his intelligence increase grammatically, which brought him a summer internship. He earned a little bit of money from this internship but the bulk of the money he got from fixing junk cars and selling them for a profit. All though he had a passion for electronics, at his youth he didn't know what to do with his life. So he decided to: "Drop out of Reed College, in Portland, Oregon, took a job at Atari Corporation as a video game designer in early 1974, and saved enough money for a pilgrimage to India to experience Buddhism." (Jobs, Steve). His trip to India was meant for him to realize what he wanted to do with his life. Which led him to use intelligence that had grown from such a young age had finally come to him at the trip to India. His intelligence led him to find a great company that changed people's lives forever and for the time to come.

His intelligence is not the only thing that changed him into a hero but also his creativity. Steve Jobs great creativity drove him forward to invent many things such as: "Following Jobs' success with the iMac, G3 and later G4 PowerMacs, which addressed the needs of the publishing and multimedia markets long dominated by the Macintosh. In 2001 came the iPod, a portable digital music player that could hold hundreds to thousands of songs, and in 2003, iTunes, which allowed novices to burn their own CDs. Both created a whole new market for the music and computer industries as many tried to copy Apple's success."(Quezzaire). Jobs created many things that changed people's lives and helped make everyday life easier. His creations are completely original and are born from his brain. It made life for everyone.  As Jobs other creations came to market: "The same year, Apple began selling the iPod, a portable MP3 player, which quickly became the market leader. In 2003 Apple began selling downloadable copies of major record company songs in MP3 format over the Internet. By 2006 more than one billion songs and videos has been sold through Apple's online iTunes Store. In recognition of the growing shift in the company's business, Jobs officially changed the name of the company to Apple Inc. on January 9, 2007." (Steven Jobs). The year these items came out they became top hits and Steve Jobs was once again greatly admired for his keen creativity and intelligence.  Since the growth of the company Jobs changed the name to Apple corporations. His creation, "IPod", is one of the most well profitable items on the market, and is still highly successful. And yet this was completely original and came from deep within his head, among his swirling thoughts. Jobs creativity got him to the position he was at, a billionaire who was known worldwide as a creative and intelligent man.

Steve recovered from illness and returns to Apple (google images (apple co))

Steve Jobs suffered many ups and downs in his health during his reign of power of the cyber world. His ill health made him weak on the outside, but inside he was still strong as a bull but: "This lifestyle did not prevent Jobs from developing pancreatic cancer in 2004. After related surgeries, Jobs took a month off from his posts to recover from the disease, returning to Apple and Pixar on a part-time basis shortly thereafter." (Jobs Steve). As a true hero Steve Jobs fought through his illness and stood his ground as the brilliant, energetic mastermind we all knew. Even when his illness knocked him on the ground he stood right back up. He did this so he can keep the people happy by keeping the new products coming. The brilliant and glorious Steve Jobs plummeted when: "In 2003 Jobs was diagnosed with a rare form of pancreatic cancer. He put off surgery for about nine months while he tried alternative medicine approaches. In 2004 he underwent a major reconstructive surgery known as the Whipple operation. During the procedure, part of the pancreas, a portion of the bile duct, the gallbladder, and the duodenum were removed. Jobs returned to running Apple." (Steve Jobs). When diagnosed with this rare disease it didn't stop him from thinking about his company, so he decided to put the surgery off so he can continue to work.  This means that he put the people's happiness in front of his health to keep them happy, which cost him greatly in the future. He made many people happy in his life time. Steve Jobs is a hero worldwide and made many people's dreams come true. Unfortunately the great battle between him and the disease, was lost and has claimed his life.

He is a hero because he possessed intelligence, creativity, and strength. And even if he has left this world his intelligence, creativity, and strength still live on in, his work he left behind.  He is a hero today because his intelligence, creativity and strength. He came through with everyone's requests for new items, and tried his best to make them come true. He inspired me to try your hardest to fulfill people's needs and make people happy. He made me realized that caring about yourself just makes you selfish and corrupt. He inspired others to use their knowledge and try to make a difference in the world. He had a great influence on young people to invent things and become successful. As Steve Jobs once said, "Success doesn't come from having someone do something for you, or just slacking off. Success comes from hard work, sweat and time."

Work Cited

Corbis Corporation. "World Biography." Steve Jobs Biography. Google, 8 Oct. 2011. Web. 18

May 2012. http://www.notablebiographies.com/Ho-Jo/Jobs-Steve.html.

Romain Moisescot,. "Youth." Long Bio. Penn State, 5 May 2010. Web. 18 May 2012.

http://allaboutstevejobs.com/bio/longbio/longbio_01.php.

"Steve Jobs Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, 2012. Web. 18 May 2012

http://www.biography.com/people/steve-jobs-9354805.