Steve Jobs

by Sophia

Steve Jobs  (http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/232291# (segagman))
Steve Jobs (http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/232291# (segagman))

My hero is Steve Jobs. Steve was born in San Francisco, California, and was adopted by Clara and Paul Jobs in Palo Alto, California. Steve dropped out of Reed College to go to Indiana to study religion. Steve Jobs is well known for being the founder of Apple and NeXT. NeXT is another computer company that also created computers like the NeXT cube. Even though the NeXT cube was a great machine, it didn't sell well because it was overpriced. NeXT didn't do as well as Apple. Steve was born on February 24, 1955 and died on October 5th, 2011 from pancreatic cancer. Steve Jobs is my hero because he changed the world, is inspiring, and is hard working.

Steve Jobs changed the world in many different ways. He changed the world by creating the Apple products that the world uses today. Without Apple, the world wouldn't be what it is today. No one would be on their iPhones, or iPads, or listening to music and buying apps from the app store. Technology is also used for education. Some of Steve's creations are just for listening to music. He created the earbuds that you put in your ears and connect the wire to the device. Suddenly, you are listening to your favorite song that no one else can hear but you. If you were seen wearing ear buds, you were considered an "Apple Person". Now people interact with each other differently using social networking, email, texting, and calling each other using these new smart phones. Steve Jobs also became part of Pixar. Pixar was the most successful animation studio because Steve Jobs bought it so it would become a bigger company. Pixar became to be worth a lot more (money wise) than it used to be when it first started out as a company, thanks to Steve Jobs. Pixar created many movies like Monsters Inc., Brave, and Toy Story. As you can tell, Steve Jobs really did change the world.

Steve Jobs is inspiring because he inspired people to be creative just like he did while creating his products. Anyone would want to be like Steve because he is successful. He is also inspiring because even with his cancer that he had been battling for a long time, he kept on working through it and wouldn't let that stop him. People got inspired from the famous 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech. His words were inspiring to people and they realized that Steve had actually been through a lot. He was put up for adoption and tried to figure out what he was going to do for a living. A quote from Steve Jobs, from the Stanford Commencement Speech, was " Stay hungry, stay foolish." I think this quote means to always want more and to stay creative. Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, and Alexander Graham Bell were the people that Steve Jobs was inspired by. They inspired him because they all changed the world. For example, Alexander Graham Bell created the telephone. Steve Jobs created the the iPhone and many more other amazing creations that changed the world in our time. He inspired people to try new things and to step out of their comfort zone, and make a difference in the world just like he did.

Steve Jobs was a very hard working person. He worked hard to become successful. Every design and model of each product had to be perfect so the customers would come and get the new electronics. He spent most of his life working on Apple and NeXT. He dropped out of college just to experiment with new and improved technology and work on his future companies. When he was fired from the position of CEO of Apple, Steve again went on his own to start a new company, NeXT. In NeXT, he created workstation computers that were high end but sold poorly. After NeXT, Steve Jobs was recruited again as CEO of Apple. Steve also met a friend in college, Steve Wozniak, who helped him with creating Apple. Steve Jobs is hardworking because he started out in his own garage and he started from bits and pieces of scrap metal to one of the most successful businesses in the world.

In conclusion, I hope that you will understand why I chose Steve Jobs to be my hero and how he changed the world, is inspiring and is hard working. Steve Jobs changed the world by creating his very successful business. Steve Jobs was definitely hard working because ever since he was young, he was always into technology. He worked throughout his life just to get to the point where his 'homemade' business is now. Steve Jobs was clearly a great hero. He inspires people all over the world to become different in their own way, as Steve Jobs said, "Stay hungry and stay foolish."