Steve Jobs

by Jessica from Botetourt

Steve Jobs (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e4/Stev ())

Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955. He was born in San Francisco, California. When he was young his mother put him up for adoption because she didn't want to raise a child. He was soon adopted by Clara and Paul Jobs. ("Steven Paul Jobs.") As a young boy Paul taught him how to take apart and put back together electronics. His adopted father Paul was such a huge influence on Steve. Steve attended at Reed College in Portland, Oregon. He dropped out after being there for only 6 months.

In 1976 Steve and his former friend from college, Steve Wozniak, started to create Apple. 1980 Apple computer had a market value of $1.2 billion. This was a huge success for Jobs and Wozniak. ("Steven Paul Jobs." ) Steve was in charge of the marketing part of Apple and Wozniak was in charge of the invention of products. ("Stephen Gary Wozniak.") Jobs and Wozniak were two of a kind. With Steve's marketing skills and Wozniak's electronic ability they were unstoppable.

Steve was a very private person. He never liked to talk about his family or personal problems. In 2009 he opened up to a few workers at an Apple event. ("Steven Paul Jobs." ) He told people that he had a daughter with his girlfriend, Chrisann Brennan, when he was 23. When his daughter Lisa was in her teen years she decided she wanted to live with Steve. In the 1990s Jobs met Laurene Powell at a Stanford business school. ("Steven Paul Jobs." ) Steve and Laurene married on March 18th 1991. They live in Palo Alto, California with 3 children. Steve later died in 2011 at age 56 of pancreatic cancer.

Steve Jobs has such a huge impact on society. In 1986 he bought a company called Graphics Group from Lucas film for $5 million. Graphics Group today is now named Pixar. Steve became a team with Walt Disney to create Pixar. There were 5 ways his legacy changed the world. ("Steve Jobs Dead: 5 Ways His Legacy Changed the World.") One way he changed was he made Pc's before they were Pc's. Today's computers are classified as PC or Mac, they evolved from the original PC prototype and we have Steve to thank for that. Also he made computers simple. The Mac book for example, froze less, glitched less, crashed less, and was easier to navigate. Another way his legacy changed the world was he made advertising innovative. During the Super Bowl he made an amazing commercial about an athlete and using his product in the commercial which caught a lot of people's attention. Jobs also turned technology into art. He made MacBook's colorful along with IPhones. He connected every aspect of our lives. For example in our free time we are on our MacBook's and IPad's, listen to Itunes on our IPod, and text and talk on our IPhones. The Apple suite is called ilife and it is used by many  people all around the world. . ("Steve Jobs Dead: 5 Ways His Legacy Changed the World.")

Steve says, "What a computer is to me is the most remarkable tool that we have ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds." He is saying that our minds are restless and constantly going. Steve was an amazing person who truly wanted the best for others. ("20 Most Memorable Quotes From Steve Jobs.") People all around the world are constantly using his products every day. Today people are lining up everywhere and standing in lines for hours just so they can get the new IPhone 6 that just got released. Even though he is gone he will always live on forever.