Steve Jobs

by Alex and Ali from North Brunswick

Steve Jobs (forbes.com)
Steve Jobs (forbes.com)

My group and I have looked for people with the personalities and drive that fits our description of a hero. The person we found that fit the best was Steve Jobs, the creator of Apple products. He is a person who knows what it is like to be abandoned, and to have a bad experience in school. Even after all the bad times he went through, he still fought through and became a billionaire without giving up. Steve has recently passed away and people are still looking to him as an inspiration for their lives.

Steve Jobs had many causes to become the great caring person that he was. Helping kids with disabilities and donating to charities. What caused him to help out around the world was "AID's/ HIV health, children, poverty, and women." These were some of the reasons why we chose Steve, those reasons are very important to us too. Steve once said "to be a hero means to be caring or do something kind," and not once a year but all through the year. There are many different forms of a hero, for example parents could be heroes by giving their kids a happy and healthy life. Steve was adopted at a very young age which makes his life even more special not having his biological parents there for him. "He never was good in school" but he became the head creator in the Apple business against most odds. Those are some of Steve Jobs' causes that make him a hero.

Steve and Laurene (his wife) have donated a "few million dollars to charities" for kids with all types of problems. The most recognized program he donated to was the Global Funding Charity. This charity donates the money they get to help with humane problems and world problems like "global warming." For example, making "shelters for the homeless, giving donations to charities that help get abandoned kids homes and new families." After Steve passed away Laurene followed his idea to help and fund a college track team, they helped get disabled students mentors to give them a better education, and experience in school. It was very kind of Laurene to donate that money instead of keeping it for herself after her husband died.

Steve Jobs is hero because of his childhood situations. However, he is very successful. In the U.S alone he has 1000 plus stores and Apple made 10 versions of the iPod, iPhone, and and 5 versions of the iPad. Steve Jobs had helped producers by donating millions of dollars to Toy Story 1 and 2, Finding Nemo, Cars, Ratatouille, A Bug's Life in connection with people and companies around the world. So therefore, this proves Steve Jobs is successful.

Steve Jobs inspired a lot people to learn more about technology. In Steve Jobs' childhood he skipped 5th grade to go to middle school. However, Steve Jobs had dropped out of college 2 times. Also Steve Jobs had jumped to many jobs after he dropped college. Then following before he made Apple he was able to be a game designer. So Steve Jobs had shown confidence and dedication to be a big success in inspiring people. In conclusion, Steve Jobs is definitely one person to be looked up to. He shows a lot of examples of an hero. Steve Jobs is one of the many people who America respects the most. He helps the community, he is a great role model, and very successful. All over America people love Steve Jobs. So we definitely consider Steve Jobs a hero.

Max. "Steve jobs." [Online] Available www.myhero.com.

Robertson, Jordan . "Steve jobs told us what we need before we knew." [Online] Available www.my hero.com/hero.ase?hero=steve_jobs_death_AT.