Steve Jobs

by Kourosh from Roseville

"Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice," ~Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs Deep in Thought (Google Images (life.hack))

DA-ring! Da-ring! OH MY GOD! look at that selfie! It's so pretty! I should post it on Instagram and tag her in it! #selfie #liv! I love my phone so much! Like, my phone is my life. I sleep with it, eat with it, and shower with it. I wonder who invented it. Oh yeah! Steve Jobs invented it! He's that one person who.....um..what did he do again? OH yeah! Steve Jobs had a really cool background. He also had a successful career. The best thing about him was that he was not a snobby rich man who would keep the money he made for himself. He actually shared millions of his dollars with charities. Being a hero means that someone does something caring and kind. A hero is defined in someone's opinion.

Steve Jobs speaking at a Seminar (Google Images (galleryhip.com))

Steven Paul Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California. His birth parents did not want him, so he was adopted by Clara and Paul Johns. During Steve's childhood, he was very intelligent. So intelligent that the administrators of his elementary school wanted him to skip a few grades all the way to high-school. However, his parents refused. They said that it was better for Steve to stay in his grade right now. They did not want him to feel isolated. A few years later, Steve had graduated from Homestead High School and enrolled at Reed College in Portland, Oregon. But after six months, he dropped out of college and took a job as a game designer in Atari in 1974. Several months later, he left the job to find 'spiritual enlightenment' in India. In 1976, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak started Apple Computer.

Steve Jobs Memorial (Google Images (www.forbes.com))

During the time of his success, Steve Jobs donated millions of dollars to charities. He did not reveal this to the world, however, until after his death.He and his wife Clara donated 52 million dollars to children. He donated millions of dollars to charities supporting AIDS. Steve Jobs was so shy about the money he gave away, that he did not even share this information with his biographer. The funny thing was that he was under attack for apparent lack of philanthropy. This is why it was such a shock to people when they found out that Steve Jobs actually donated a lot of money to people.  

Steve Jobs presenting the iPhone 4 (Google Images (nytimes.com))

When Steve Jobs dropped out of college, he jumped many jobs in his lifetime. For example, he started his own business,(Apple Computer), but then he quit his own company and started a new company called 'NeXT'. NeXT was a computer platform developing company specializing in the higher-education and business markets. Computer Design Company named 'NeXT'. After working for NeXT as a game designer, Jobs went and founded Pixar. When he founded Pixar, he was credited in the fun and exciting movie, "Toy Story" in 1995. A little while after that, he went back to his original company, Apple Computer. A little time after he went back, Steve Jobs invented the iMac, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, and iPod. This was a major breakout in his business. He made millions off of those items. 

Steve Jobs Memorial (Google Images (sfexaminer.com))

Steve Jobs is a hero to me because without him, we wouldn't have been able to use the things we love most today. For example, when you take a picture with you iPhone, and send it to your friend, you notice that your friend has an iPhone too. This is because when you send the message, it turns blue. You have Steve Jobs to thank for that. Steve Jobs had an interesting childhood, really kind heart, and a successful company. This is why he is my hero. 

Apple Website - Every year, there is a memorial from Steve Jobs company
Wikipedia - The Story of Jobs' life

Wikipedia. "Steve Jobs." [Online] Available http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs.

Search, Google. "Steve Jobs." [Online] Available https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1CALGAA_enUS617&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&safe=.

from Roxboro, Max. Steve jobs.